SAS Global Forum 2015 - Call for Content.pdf

SAS Moderator

SAS Global Forum 2015 - Call for Content.pdf

Do you use SAS in an innovative way or employ a technique that could be useful for others? Then you should read this document to see how you can share your ideas with SAS users from around the world at SAS Global Forum 2015 that will take place from 26 - 29 April 2015 in Dallas Texas. Come on! You know you want to! :smileysilly:

Super User

Re: SAS Global Forum 2015 - Call for Content.pdf

An exciting opportunity for SAS users in our region! I presented for the first time at SAS Global Forum last year and it was a wonderful experience. If you are unsure whether you want to present and have questions or would like guidance, feel free to reach out to me.

SAS Global Forum 2015 conference chair, Dr Tyler Smith also wrote a blog post about a mentoring program that is available and some ideas for papers and other formats you may want to consider at http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/07/23/sas-global-forum-2015-your-presentation-is-needed/

There is also a video of him offering tips for presenters at SAS Global Forum 2015 - Tips for Presenters - YouTube

Grand Advisor

I am thinking about  posting several paper brief  to SGF2015 at this October or November this year.

And Truly hope Arthur.T could be the chairman of SAS Global Forum 2016 . I vote for you , Arthur.T .

Xia Keshan

Esteemed Advisor

: The conference chairs are selected 2 to 3 years in advance.  Besides, between my roles as President of the Toronto users group and CEO of analystfinder.com, there is no way I could devote the time required for such a role.

Grand Advisor

Oh. That is too bad. I think you have so many relationship with other SAS guys , that would be good for our sas users if you were chairman of SGF.

Must agree with Michelle. I first submitted a paper suggestion for SGF in 2012 (which was rejected) but resubmitted it the following year and then found myself presenting on the benefits of SAS Certification at my very first SAS Global Forum in San Francisco in 2013. Got to present again (on different topics) this year at Washington D.C.

The buzz presenting to a packed conference room at SAS Global Forum is amazing (and daunting!) but is an excellent way to put what you know out there for others to review, feedback, discuss. Plus it's great networking (especially the pre-forum Tweet-Up!)

If you are unsure what to do, or even if you are unsure if your idea will be accepted, I strongly recommend reviewing the mentoring program and the presenter tips. Plus there are user group local committee members who have presented at SAS Global Forum (Michelle, Paul, myself), plus many more who have presented at the Australia & New Zealand Forum, so ask away. We'd love to see more Aussies at Dallas next year!

(That's Tricia's & Michelle's Tweet-up, by the way - full credit where it's due. Excellent event!!)

Occasional Contributor

Andrew

There are a couple of us who have presented at the SEUGI forums too.

They are a great way to get to meet  fellow users, developers and the like. If it is anything like SEUGI it is also a great place to end up presenting while over the 0.05 limit and with no sleep.

The true professional presenters  can be seen first up after the main networking event. The true professional audience is found there too. Both groups having come straight from the networking event.

All that aside presenting is a great addition to the CV. How fortunate we now have a direct flight there....

Peter - Apologies, I hadn't thought of SEUGI.

However, you are right about "0.05 limit & no sleep" - what with the various social events, and attending the numerous other presentations. I was also asked to participate in an interest group which was flattering, but took time away from other things.

Regardless, great experience, yes - good for the CV, and excellent networking.

So anyone interested, there are plenty of people within SANZOC, and probably within your local user group as well.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation