BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rjrobenson
Calcite | Level 5

I am taking the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course. I completed Challenge Practice: Creating a Lookup Table from a Detailed Table (https://vle.sas.com/pluginfile.php/800788/mod_scorm/content/268/03/epg1v203_4_p_l3.htm).

But now that I want to complete the Level 1 Practice: Creating a SAS Table task (https://vle.sas.com/pluginfile.php/800791/mod_scorm/content/267/04/epg1v204_1_p_l1.htm), my data eu_occ.sas7bdat data set looks like my answer for Challenge Practice: Creating a Lookup Table from a Detailed Table. 

I must have overwritten the dataset without noticing. I was wondering if I am able to recover the original eu_occ.sas7bdat table. Creating a new pg1 library will not work because the orginal eu_occ.sas7bdat table is overwritten.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
My guess is you need to re-run the createdata.sas program you originally did to create the data sets. Or one of the programs in between that created it. I would suggest doing this in a new folder/path to not erase anything else you've done so far.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
My guess is you need to re-run the createdata.sas program you originally did to create the data sets. Or one of the programs in between that created it. I would suggest doing this in a new folder/path to not erase anything else you've done so far.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The good news about the data creation program is that it only refreshes the class data. It does not overwrite or delete anything the student has created. That means if the original data has accidentally been corrupted, re-running the data creation steps will refresh the class files back to day 1.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation