BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7

seamoh_0-1590445118404.png

Hello all the members. Hope the best for all of you.

As you see in the screen shot above,I tried to save my file in sas university edition today but  it doesn't work. blue "Save" button doesn't wok and the name (program2.sas)changed to Program 2.sas.log in Name as you see in the screen shot.

Thank you very much

I am looking forward your answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

From your description it looks like saved the log instead of the program. Make sure the program editor frame has focus by clicking in it.  Check the contents of the .log file it created to see if it has the program or the log.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

From your description it looks like saved the log instead of the program. Make sure the program editor frame has focus by clicking in it.  Check the contents of the .log file it created to see if it has the program or the log.

seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello and thank you very much for your response, when I click on save on save dialog box, the log extension added on the name and when I click on the save again. nothing happen.

This is my log :

1 "OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;"
73 "proc print data=Dataset.CityTemperatures;"
74 run;

NOTE: There were 48 observations read from the data set DATASET.CITYTEMPERATURES.
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):
real time 0.22 seconds
cpu time 0.22 seconds

76 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

Thank you vrey much.
Reeza
Super User

Can you show a screenshot of you in the program window, clicking save and getting the log extension? If you're in the log tab, it will automatically save the log file not the program file. 

If you save the code with the .log extension, what does it show?

ballardw
Super User

The LOG extension means that you did not attempt to save from the Editor if you mean to save the program.

Make sure that your active window is the Editor, i.e. click in it, BEFORE attempting to save the program.

And since you did not make any changes since the last time you saved the LOG there was nothing new to save so "nothing happens".

You have to change the focus to the EDITOR before saving.

@seamoh wrote:

Hello and thank you very much for your response, when I click on save on save dialog box, the log extension added on the name and when I click on the save again. nothing happen.

seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello and thank you very much for the detailed explanations.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation