BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
_LB
Fluorite | Level 6 _LB
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello everyone-
two quick questions-
One is that I have some overflow from one page to the next (about 4 lines + header). Is there a way to set a parameter to stop this from occurring. I have tried the LS option. That does not work.

Also is there is a way to be rid of the gridlines within a specific column?
Code follows as such:

DEFINE UNIT/" " ORDER format=$units. style={background=lavender font_size=1 };

I would like to set the "box" without the grids.

Thanks again.

Lawrence
3 REPLIES 3
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
The LS option only works with listing (monospace) output. PROC REPORT doesn't know anything about the page size of an ODS destination such as PDF or RTF. Generally the way to force a break is to use BREAK statement with the PAGE option to force a page break where you want it. You may want to add a NOPRINT column to the report so you can trigger a break based on the value of the column. For example, after every N rows.

Regarding "gridlines," the SPANROWS option will cause the cell that contains a single value of a GROUP or ORDER variable to span all the rows for that value.

Here's the SPANROWS doc.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/59565/HTML/default/a002473620.htm.
_LB
Fluorite | Level 6 _LB
Fluorite | Level 6
Tim;
Spanrows worked like a charm. Thank you!
As to page fitting, I followed the adviced of one your counterparts at SAS-Cynthia and reset the font & cellspacing that allowed it fit all on one page!
JenHarper
Calcite | Level 5
Genius! I thought that vertically merging cells wasn't possible. Just used spanrows and it is great!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation