BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JBrazier
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I am producing a report and am creating a table of contents.  At the initial creation of it the contents looks like the following:

Table 1: Headcount of students at a third and proportion of total, by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................ 1

Cross-tabular summary report........................................................................................................................................................................................... 1

Table 1............................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 1

Chart 1 : Distribution of all Undergraduate UK students by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................................... 2

Gchart..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 2

Table 2: Headcount of students at a third and proportion of total, by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................ 3

Cross-tabular summary report........................................................................................................................................................................................... 3

Table 1............................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 3

Chart 2 : Distribution of new Undergraduate UK students by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................................ 4

Gchart..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 4

However I do not want all the additional points that appear below the "Table 1:" or "Chart 1".  I just want the first line of each process so it looks like this:

Table 1: Headcount of students at a third and proportion of total, by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................ 1

Chart 1 : Distribution of all Undergraduate UK students by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................................... 2

Table 2: Headcount of students at a third and proportion of total, by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................ 3

Chart 2 : Distribution of new Undergraduate UK students by age, 2009/10 to 2013/14............................................................................................ 4

I have added the [contents = ' '] to the proc tabulate data step and the after the table option and it removes it from the table of contents.  So at the moment my tables of contents looks like this:

Gchart..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 2

Gchart..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 4

However no matter what I do in proc gchart code I cannot get rid of the "Gchart" that appears in the table of contents.  I have added the option [description = ' '] but "Gchart" still appears. 

My proc ghart code looks like

axis1 label=&axis1_label. value=none;

axis2 label=&axis2_label.;

axis3 label=&axis3_label.;

legend1 label=&legend1_label.;

proc gchart data = &dset_out. (where = (&var1. NE ''));

vbar acad_yr / discrete

type = sum

sumvar = &headcount._PctSum_100

group = &chart_var.

subgroup = acad_yr

space=0 gspace=2.5

maxis=axis1

raxis=axis2

gaxis=axis3

legend=legend1

autoref clipref cref=graycc

coutline=black

des = ' '

description = ' '

;

run;

quit;

Does anyone know I can remove the "Gchart" part from the table of contents

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

This may be a question for Tech Support. If you can't remove the "Gchart" from the TOC any other way, then you might need to switch to ODS DOCUMENT -- create all your pieces in an ODS DOCUMENT store and then make your own folder structure and move or copy objects from the original structure to the new folder structure. I believe there have been several different forum postings about using ODS DOCUMENT to construct a custom TOC with your own defined structure. Here are a few of the previous links:

https://communities.sas.com/message/47423#47423

or

https://communities.sas.com/message/10100#10100 (instead of putting in extra levels, you want to take them out)

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation