The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

specify different styles for different text elements in line statement in proc report

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

specify different styles for different text elements in line statement in proc report

Hello fabulous SAS experts,

I have a 11 line footer, which is a problem because I cannot use footnote statement. So I tried to use the compute block and line statement in proc report procedure as follows:

computer after _page_;

line "Learning Outcomes: are the knowledge, skills, and values we expect students to achieve upon graduation.";

endcomp;

What should I do if I want to bold "Learning Outcomes" and italicize "knowledge", "skills", and "values" in the output?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Yao

c

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-26-2014 10:42 PM
Occasional Contributor

Re: specify different styles for different text elements in line statement in proc report

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Okay, I got it after some struggle.

ods escapechar='~';

proc report ...;

compute after _page_;

line@1 "~{style [font_weight=bold] SLO:} ~{style [fontstyle=italic] SLO} stands for student learning outcomes.";

endcomp;

This produces a line with both bold and italics as in:

SLO: SLO stands for student learning outcomes.

Thanks everyone for helping.

Yao

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

Re: specify different styles for different text elements in line statement in proc report

Posted in reply to Carrotbing
SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to Carrotbing

Hi:

You can bold the whole line using a simple STYLE= override, but to only italicize certain words within a text string, you will need to use ODS ESCAPECHAR and in-line formatting. There have been many previous postings on the topic in the forum. I'm sure you can find them if you search.

cynthia

Solution
‎05-26-2014 10:42 PM
Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Okay, I got it after some struggle.

ods escapechar='~';

proc report ...;

compute after _page_;

line@1 "~{style [font_weight=bold] SLO:} ~{style [fontstyle=italic] SLO} stands for student learning outcomes.";

endcomp;

This produces a line with both bold and italics as in:

SLO: SLO stands for student learning outcomes.

Thanks everyone for helping.

Yao

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation