The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

sgrender graphs on RTF different than on HTML viewer

Occasional Contributor

sgrender graphs on RTF different than on HTML viewer

Dear Community,

I am generating a .rtf file with several pages. Among other Outputs there are graphics generated by the SGRENDER procedure (with modified templates) in this document. While developing the templates i always took a look in the HTML Viewer if they look how i want them to look. Once the result was satisfying i transfered the graphics in the RTF document. Following the difference in layout:

HTML Results Viewer

pic1.PNG

In the RTF file:

pic2.PNG

You can see that the linesize is different.... not how i defined it in the template. HOW can i modify the underlying Options which cause different linesizes on RTF file?

- does it have sth. to do with rtf-tag sets?

here is some code:

proc template;
define statgraph temp_5_1;

[.... several definitions ... ]

discretelegend 'bar_5_1' 'timeline_5_1'/  LOCATION= INSIDE HALIGN = RIGHT VALIGN = TOP ACROSS = 1 opaque=false ;     /* following is to determine which reference-lines to draw. */
     referenceline x=2 / lineattrs=(color=black pattern = Dash THICKNESS=7 )   /*curvelabel="normal DE"*/ CURVELABELLOCATION = OUTSIDE CURVELABELPOSITION = MAX  DISCRETEOFFSET=+0.5; 
     referenceline x=3 / lineattrs=(color=black pattern = Dash THICKNESS=2 )   curvelabel="°"             CURVELABELLOCATION = OUTSIDE CURVELABELPOSITION = MAX  DISCRETEOFFSET=+0.5; 
   endlayout;
   entryfootnote  halign=right textattrs=(weight=bold size=8pt)"°Countries performing extended data-entry in Argus.";
endgraph;
end;
run;

PROC TEMPLATE;                                                                
  DEFINE STYLE dummy;                                            
  PARENT = styles.rtf;
  STYLE body from document  /                                              
     protectspecialchars = off;

STYLE table from output   /                                                           
     bordertopstyle = NONE                                                
     borderwidth    = 0.025cm                                                
     rules          = NONE                                                         
     frame          = VOID                                                         
     padding        = 0.1cm                                                      
     cellpadding    = 0cm
/*     width        = 100%   */
     textalign      = left;                                                  
  STYLE fonts /                                                           
     'FixedFont'            = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                           
     'BatchFixedFont'       = ("Times New Roman",6.7pt,bold)                    
     'FixedHeadingFont'     = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                    
     'FixedStrongFont'      = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                     
     'FixedEmphasisFont'    = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                   
     'footFont'             = ("Times New Roman",9pt)                                 
     'docFont'              = ("Times New Roman",9pt)                                  
     'headingFont'          = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                         
     'headingEmphasisFont'  = ("Times New Roman",10pt,bold)                
     'EmphasisFont'         = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                        
     'StrongFont'           = ("Times New Roman",9pt,bold)                          
     'TitleFont2'           = ("Times New Roman",9pt)                               
     'TitleFont'            = ("Times New Roman",9pt);                               
  STYLE color_list /                                                      
     'bg'   = white                                                         
     'fg'   = black                                                         
     'bgH'  = white                                                        
     'link' = blue;                                                       
  END;                                                                       
RUN;   

FILENAME rtfout "Name.rtf" LRECL = 100000;

ODS RESULTS = OFF;
/*ODS LISTING CLOSE;*/
ODS TAGSETS.rtfDS_CSPV_tag 
  FILE = rtfout 
  UNIFORM
/*  NOGTITLE*/
  NOGFOOTNOTE
  OPTIONS(TOC_DATA= "ON" CONTENTS = "YES" SECT= "NONE");
  OPTIONS NOQUOTELENMAX;

[viel viel code]

/*erzeugen der Grafik*/
ods graphics on / height=11cm;
proc sgrender data=WORK.LsoAf_grouped_s template=temp_5_1;
dynamic [....];
run;
ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

Maybe it's the part with the Dummy template? How can i change the Option defining the line-styles of the graph?

Thank you in advance & best regards,

Felix

Highlighted
Super User

Re: sgrender graphs on RTF different than on HTML viewer

I don't see anyplace in that code where you are specifying the use of the style dummy.

By default each output destination defaults to a different style and without something like

Ods html style=styles.dummy;

or

ods tagsets.rtfDS_CSPV_tag style=styles.dummy;

the default ODS style for the destination will be used.

Also the line thickness attribute when a unit of measure is not used will default to different measures depending on ODS destination.

You might try setting a unit like PT or cm for the line attribute so each destination has a chance of having the same thickness.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation