The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

re: PROC REPORT Column Names

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

re: PROC REPORT Column Names

Hi.....Is it possible from having to list the variable names in the Column Statement as the number of columns may change depending on the time frame for my dataset. For example, I am creating a report on the Annual Sales and each column represent the Sales for each year. Column names could be 2014, 2015, and 2016 if the dataset has the sales for these 3 years, However, the dataset could contain Sales for more than these 3 years and it is not known until the dataset is summarized. Any suggestions on how to get around this....Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-13-2016 06:53 PM
Grand Advisor

Re: re: PROC REPORT Column Names

Yes, if you use a naming convention. Then you can use a variable list or the colon notation. For example if you used Year as the prefix in front of your Year variables. 

Column Year: ;

Another option would be to use a long dataset and treat the variable as an ACROSS variable. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎08-13-2016 06:53 PM
Grand Advisor

Yes, if you use a naming convention. Then you can use a variable list or the colon notation. For example if you used Year as the prefix in front of your Year variables. 

Column Year: ;

Another option would be to use a long dataset and treat the variable as an ACROSS variable. 

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Also, PROC REPORT will summarize your data, so I'm not entirely sure how you are summarizing that doesn't need variable names in the summary procedure too.

cynthia
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation