BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rkumar23
Calcite | Level 5

I have 13 variables which are making column and when I am displaying them using the proc report these all 13 variables comes in single row is there any way to break these columns so for example 4 column/variable on 1st line than 3 on each line?

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Perhaps some test data, required output would illustrate your point better.  If you just want some vars on different page, then I would usually have two proc report statements - means i can change all the different bits for each one. 

Ksharp
Super User

Check Option ID PAGE

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd;

columns name sex age;

define name/display;

define sex/display id ;

define age/display page;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I think ID and PAGE are best demonstrated with a "wider" report. And, the destination of interest (RTF, PDF, HTML) will make a difference. For example, in this paper that I co-authored with Scott Huntley, there is an example of ID and PAGE using SASHELP.CARS that gives an idea of what the options do in PROC REPORT. http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS038-2014.pdf (pages 14/15)

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation