BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yan
Calcite | Level 5 Yan
Calcite | Level 5

I am ods tagset.excelxp and proc report. The column centering worked in base SAS but not on EG. In the EG XML output the column indicated centered but the data cell is actually righ aligned. Can't figue out why.

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I cannot replicate your problem. When I use TAGSETS.EXCELXP, whether in EG or in Base SAS, with SAS 9.4 and EG 6.1, I do see centering. I see the centering in the SAS Report XML file and I see centering in the XML file created by TAGSETS.EXCELXP. See the attached screen shots and code. The style was used correctly in the EXCELXP output and the default style was used for the SASReport XML output.

If your experience is different from this, then my recommendation is that you open a track with SAS Tech Support. (BTW, in order to see centering, sometimes you have to make the column wider to see the impact of centering -- in my program, I made the column wider with code.

cynthia

sas_report_xml_centered.pngexcel_centered.pngexcelxp_code.png
Yan
Calcite | Level 5 Yan
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Cynthia.

I tried your codes in my EG still right aligned. I guess it's probably something on the SAS server. I did open the xml file in notepad and found the following codes made the alignment happen.

<Style ss: ID="data" ss:Parent="table">

<Alignment ss:WrapText="1" ss:Horizontal="Right"/>

</Style>

When I run the local base SAS I won't see those style codes in the xml file generated.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, it's still not clear to me what you mean by "EG XML" -- EG uses SASReport XML by default. This is NOT the same as Spreadsheet Markup Language XML created by TAGSETS.EXCELXP. My code was run in SAS 9.4 from inside EG. Both of my outputs did have centered values -- the SASReport XML and the TAGSETS.EXCELXP XML. If you ran my code and did not get centered results, then you need to open a track with Tech Support so they can investigate in more detail. It could be the version of SAS on your server. It could be that your version of TAGSETS.EXCELXP needs to be updated. It is impossible to guess. That is what Tech Support can help you with.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation