BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pasvorto
Calcite | Level 5

I am tasked with a problem to solve. I have a report with 4 columns. Each cell can have multiple rows. I need to rows to line up in the columns. Everything is fine until I hit a row which as to wrap. From that point on, the rows in the other columns are off by one. This is the code:

DATA  overmas3;

*FILE mout;  RETAIN minus -1;

length  prot_field $ 100

pat_field  $ 60

exp_field

late_field $ 2000

mat_field  $ 2000

item_field $ 2000;

SET overdu END=enda; BY dc_num;

ARRAY forms(500)  form1-form500;

ARRAY folds(500)  fold1-fold500;

ARRAY whicho(500) which1-which500;

ARRAY dayl(500)    day1-day500;

ARRAY exp(500)    exp1-exp500;

prot_field  = TRIM(LEFT(dc_num))  || ' \n \n' ||

TRIM(LEFT(dm_rb))    || ' \n'    ||

TRIM(LEFT(phone))    || ' \n'    ||

TRIM(LEFT(sa))      || ' \n'    ||    /*Added per Rave Project */

TRIM(LEFT(saqc));

pat_field  = TRIM(LEFT(dcntr_id)) || ' \n \n' ||

TRIM(LEFT(intl))    || ' \n'    ||

TRIM(LEFT(rmbr_id))  || ' \n'    ||

TRIM(LEFT(PUT(date_on,MMDDYY10.))) || ' \n'    ||

TRIM(LEFT(PUT(fu_date,MMDDYY10.)));

mat_field  = '';

item_field = '';

exp_field  = '';

late_field = '';

DO I=1 to 500;

IF forms(I)^=''  THEN

DO;

/*    IF I=1 THEN mat_field  =  TRIM(LEFT(forms(I)))|| foldr;

ELSE mat_field  = TRIM(LEFT(mat_field))  ||'\n'|| '\n' || TRIM(LEFT(forms(I)))|| foldr; */

IF I=1 THEN mat_field  = catx (',',folds(I), forms(I));

ELSE mat_field  = TRIM(LEFT(mat_field))  ||'\n'|| '\n' ||catx(',', folds(I),forms(I));

IF I=1 THEN item_field = TRIM(LEFT(whicho(I)));

ELSE item_field = TRIM(LEFT(item_field)) || '\n' || '\n' || TRIM(LEFT(whicho(I)));

IF I=1 THEN exp_field  = TRIM(LEFT(PUT(exp(I),MMDDYY10.)));

ELSE exp_field  = TRIM(LEFT(exp_field))  || '\n' ||'\n' || TRIM(LEFT(PUT(exp(I),MMDDYY10.)));

IF I=1 THEN late_field = TRIM(LEFT(PUT(dayl(I),5.)));

ELSE late_field = TRIM(LEFT(late_field)) || '\n' || '\n' || TRIM(LEFT(PUT(dayl(I),5.)));

END;

END;

RUN;

This is the report code:

TITLE1 j=center "&otitle";

TITLE2 j=center "&pmem  &ploc";

TITLE3 j=center "&thirty  &sixty    &ninety ";

FOOTNOTE  j=right "Created on: &pdat";

OPTIONS NOBYLINE NUMBER PAGENO=1 NODATE;

PROC REPORT DATA=overmas3 NOWINDOWS  spanrows center headskip headline  style(header)=[font_size=9pt font_weight=bold]

style(report)=[borderwidth=1pt cellpadding=2pt cellspacing=0 rules=all font_size=9pt] ;

BY dc_num;

COLUMN prot_field pat_field mat_field  item_field exp_field late_field;

DEFINE prot_field  / order  style=[outputwidth=1.0in just=l fontsize=8pt] 'Protocol\n\nQCS\nPhone\nSA\nSAQC';

DEFINE pat_field  / display style=[outputwidth=1.0in just=l fontsize=8pt]

'Patient\n\nInitials\nLocalID\nDate On\nLast Contacted';

DEFINE mat_field  / display style=[outputwidth=2.50in  just=l fontsize=8pt] 'Material';

/*--- if mat_field > 2.5 inches we need to move the following 3 fields down 1 line for each 2.5 of material ---*/

DEFINE item_field  / display style=[outputwidth=1.75in  just=l fontsize=8pt] 'Items';

DEFINE exp_field  / display style=[outputwidth=.9in  just=c fontsize=8pt] 'Expected';

DEFINE late_field  / display style=[outputwidth=.4in  just=c fontsize=8pt] 'Days/Late';

RUN;

I have attached a copy of a snapshot of the report. You can see that wnen the first line wraps, the row in the second column for the second row is not longer lining up.

I use proc print a lot, but I am not to familiar with proc report.

overdue.gifreport.gif
1 REPLY 1
pasvorto
Calcite | Level 5

Upon further investigation, it appears that Adobe is doing the line wrapping, so SAS has no idea that it happened. I have decided to create 3 reports: 1 in landscape with the columns wide enough to not require wrapping; 1 in portrait with the font reduced enough to not require wrapping; and 1 in Excel which, because of the cells, would keep everything lined up. I will present each of these options to the user and let them decide what to do.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation