BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mick_g
Calcite | Level 5

Can you begin on a particular row column?

If so how do you set the row/column for the table to print on?

I know you can set the row= and column = with DDE but can you do it with ODS tagsets.excelxp

Thank you,

Michelle

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Not sure what you mean by just TAGSETS...there are several "tagset" destinations -- all the HTML destinations, TAGSETS.MSOFFICE2K, TAGSETS.MSOFFICE2K_X, TAGSETS.EXCELXP, TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR, TAGSETS.HTML4, TAGSETS.PHTML, TAGSETS.CHTML. Only some of the these destinations need to be invoked with the "TAGSETS." prefix -- some of these destinations, like HTML, MSOFFICE2K, PHTML, CHTML are "aliased" so you can invoke them using the simple method.

So what's the rest of the destination name that you're using...or can you show some sample code???

cynthia

mick_g
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, 

ods listing close;

ods tagsets.excelxp file = "test" style = statistical options (autofilter='all' embedded_titles = 'yes');

would like to start printing on row 3 and column 1 for each tab?

proc print data = totals label split= "_" noobs;

Title "Summary of Date";

Title "as of ";

proc print data = detail label split='_' noobs;

Title 'Detail for Date';

run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

Normally with TAGSETS.EXCELXP, the output starts in row 1, column 1 of each sheet. You might be able to push the start of the table down a few rows by putting the titles (or blank titles) into your sheet and by playing more with the embedded_titles='yes' suboption. There are other suboptions that you can use with embedded titles to add more space after the title, such as the skip_space suboption.

If you run your program with doc='Help' as a suboption (where you have embedded_titles), you will see the list of suboptions in the SAS log. Skip_space is a quoted string that says how much space to skip after each element, such as table, byline, etc. and title is one of the elements you can impact.

cynthia

mick_g
Calcite | Level 5

On my log when I put skip_space it states (compatible with sas 9.1.3 and above)  I have SAS 9.1

Can I use tagsets.msoffice2k_x? to start on a specific row?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Well, that note generally is only telling you what version of TAGSETS.EXCELXP is running. If you use an invalid option or suboption for TAGSETS.EXCELXP, you would see a message like this (red highlighting is mine). So, if you got "unrecognized option: skip_space" that means you might need to update your version of TAGSETS.EXCELXP. The Green note (highlighting mine) is just an informational note and will appear anytime you use TAGSETS.EXCELXP:

31772  ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\badopt.xls'

31773      style=sasweb options(wombat='yes');

NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.EXCELXP Body file: c:\temp\badopt.xls

Unrecognized option: WOMBAT

NOTE: This is the Excel XP tagset (Compatible with SAS 9.1.3 and above, v1.94, 09/09/12). Add

options(doc='help') to the ods statement for more information.

31774  proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=3);

31775  run;                 

NOTE: There were 3 observations read from the data set SASHELP.CLASS.

NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):

real time           0.06 seconds

cpu time            0.03 seconds

31776  ods _all_ close;

I do not believe that MSOFFICE2K_X will allow you to specify a starting row/column for your output, either. If you really, really need to control the starting row, then padding the top of output with blank title statement lines is about the only technique I know of. You might investigate with Tech Support whether altering the TAGSET template would be an option, but in the long run, I do not believe that is a very robust approach. Using the built-in  print header and print footer capability might be an option, as well. This paper outlines many of the suboptions and their use for TAGSETS.EXCELXP:

http://www.nesug.org/proceedings/nesug08/ap/ap06.pdf

cynthia

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are embedding the titles why not just start your titles with title3 ?

title1 ' ';

title3 "Summary of Date";

title4 "as of ";

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation