BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mgorripati
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi  Folks,

I have been exploring ODS tagset options that can enable me to write output to excel from Column B .

I am using ODS tagsets.excelxp  with proc report . Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. When TAGSETS.EXCELXP creates output XML based on Microsoft Spreadsheet Markup Language, it always starts in COLUMN A.

So if you are asking for your PROC REPORT output to start anywhere else, then you will not be able to do that with TAGSETS.EXCELXP.

ODS EXCEL, however, if you have SAS 9.4 does have a START_AT suboption as shown here on the documentation site for ODS EXCEL: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/67921/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p09n5pw9ol0897n1qe04...
So if you are in a position to use ODS EXCEL instead of TAGSETS.EXCELXP, you might be able to do what you want.

cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. When TAGSETS.EXCELXP creates output XML based on Microsoft Spreadsheet Markup Language, it always starts in COLUMN A.

So if you are asking for your PROC REPORT output to start anywhere else, then you will not be able to do that with TAGSETS.EXCELXP.

ODS EXCEL, however, if you have SAS 9.4 does have a START_AT suboption as shown here on the documentation site for ODS EXCEL: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/67921/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p09n5pw9ol0897n1qe04...
So if you are in a position to use ODS EXCEL instead of TAGSETS.EXCELXP, you might be able to do what you want.

cynthia
mgorripati
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Cynthia,

I will evaluate my options of using ODS EXCEL .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation