The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

ods select - printing all variables

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ods select - printing all variables

Hello, I am trying to include only the distribution graph, normality information/curve, and quantiles output in my results. However when I use ods select, it is giving me the quantiles for every variable in my data set. Is there a way to only show the quantiles for the variable in question (here called variable name)?

ods listing close;

ods select Quantiles;

proc univariate data=DataSet1;

by Group1 Group2;

histogram VariableName / normal;

inset n="N" / pos = nw;

run;

ods listing;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-28-2015 04:58 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: ods select - printing all variables

Hi:

Have you tried restricting the variables to Univariate using the VAR statement? Just because you have a HISTOGRAM statement does not limit the variables used for analysis. Usually the VAR statement restricts the variables used for analysis. This is what it says in the documentation for Univariate:

"The VAR statement specifies the analysis variables and their order in the results. By default, if you omit the VAR statement, PROC UNIVARIATE analyzes all numeric variables that are not listed in the other statements."

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-28-2015 04:58 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: ods select - printing all variables

Hi:

Have you tried restricting the variables to Univariate using the VAR statement? Just because you have a HISTOGRAM statement does not limit the variables used for analysis. Usually the VAR statement restricts the variables used for analysis. This is what it says in the documentation for Univariate:

"The VAR statement specifies the analysis variables and their order in the results. By default, if you omit the VAR statement, PROC UNIVARIATE analyzes all numeric variables that are not listed in the other statements."

cynthia

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation