BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rkumar23
Calcite | Level 5

Looking for some suggestion and way of achieving below objective :

I have some reports which is being produced using the Proc TABULATE and Columns have HEADER which are variables now what Since i can not have more eloborative variable description I am looking some way so that when a cursor is moved to the Column heading either it provide you option to click on that header and that open another small window which provide more eloborative description of that column or do not open another window but when cursor is moved to the header it give you quite more description of the column....not sure if this can be acheived however thought to throw this question...

Thanks for throwing some ideas here....

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Look at the flyover option., but not sure it can do what you fully want.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: What do you mean by "more elaborate variable description"? You can have a very long label. Please see the results of the attached program. Otherwise, flyover is your only other option.

Cynthia

%let elab1 = %str(Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.);

%let elab2 = %str(All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.);

%let elab3 = %str(Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that snatch.);

%let flyov = %str(This is some flyover text);

ods html file='c:\temp\elaborate.html';

proc tabulate data=sashelp.class;

title 'Examples of Elaborate Text Labels for column headers';

class age sex;

classlev age / style={width=1.5in};

var height;

var weight / style={flyover="&flyov"};

table age all,

sex="&elab2"*(height="&elab3" weight)*(min mean max) /

box="&elab1";

run;

ods html close;

Elaborate_column_headers.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation