The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

msoffice2k_x leading_zero options generates illegal argument warning for missing values

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

msoffice2k_x leading_zero options generates illegal argument warning for missing values

It's taken me a while to figure out what was going on, but I have proc report code that was generating tons of messages that said

WARNING: Illegal argument to function

Turns out I was using leading_zero='yes' option on my msoffice2k_x tagset and it generates the warning when a variable has a missing value.  Perhaps not for all variables but at least presumably for those which could have a leading zero.  Consider the code.

data temp ;

input Var1 $2. ;

datalines ;

;

run ;

ods tagsets.msoffice2k_x file="Temp.xls" style = sasweb

options(leading_zero="yes") ;

proc report data=temp nowd missing ;

columns var1 ;

run ;

ods _all_ close ;

It generates one such message.  However when I ran it on the real code I was using it generated enough messages that I had to break out of it.  Any way around it?

I'm running SAS 9.3 on a Windows 64 server. 

thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-30-2014 10:31 AM
SAS Employee

Re: msoffice2k_x leading_zero options generates illegal argument warning for missing values

Steve, this was an issue that was corrected with the latest version of the tagset. I hope to have it posted on the web for download in the next week. I can also forward you a copy.

Thanks,

Chevell

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-30-2014 10:31 AM
SAS Employee

Re: msoffice2k_x leading_zero options generates illegal argument warning for missing values

Steve, this was an issue that was corrected with the latest version of the tagset. I hope to have it posted on the web for download in the next week. I can also forward you a copy.

Thanks,

Chevell

Contributor

Posted in reply to Chevell_sas

Thanks Chevell,

I would appreciate a copy. 

It appears that I can also use htmlstyle=mso-number-format as well.  Don't know if one is preferable to another except using the tagset is easier to understand and use. 

Steve

SAS Employee

Yes, you can use the htmlstyle= as well as you mentioned and can handle various other style issues that arise, however, the optionss was added just for convenience.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation