BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

trying to align image and text to top that are both used in report title.

options 
orientation=portrait 
papersize=A4 
nodate 
nonumber 
nocenter 
missing=''
nomprint
leftmargin=2cm
rightmargin=1cm
topmargin=1cm
bottommargin=1cm
nobyline
;
ods listing close;
ods noptitle;
ods results on;
ods escapechar='^';
data aaa;
aaa = 'aaa'; output;
run;
ods pdf file="C:\test_report.pdf" style=styles.SasDocPrinter;
ods pdf nobookmarkgen;
title j=l '^S={just=l preimage="http://3h.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/google_2015_logo_detail-300x100.png"}' 
j=r '^{style [font_size=10pt font_face=arial] TITLE 1 HERE}^{newline}^{style [font_size=10pt font_face=arial] TITLE 2 HERE ^{thispage}}'; 
proc report data = aaa;
run;
ods pdf close;
ods listing;

ods_valign.png

Tried with VJUST and WHITESPACE, but no luck. ODS LAYOUT is not an option, as this should be printed on every page in report. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This might be a question for Tech Support. I think this is the way it always works when you use preimage.

cynthia
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

so I guess POSTIMAGE won't work either, the result will be vice versa. I also saw, there is an IMAGE option, but can't test it right now. However, maybe there are other ideas, how image (aligned to left) and several lines of text with page number (aligned right) can be presented with top vertical alignment (as in an image attached to initial post), so that pattern will be applied to every page of the report? Number of pages is not defined, so this should be dynamic solution. Output should be in PDF.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
HI, with ODS destinations, you primarily have PREIMAGE and POSTIMAGE. You might be able to do it in graphic output using annotate functions, but you want PDF from a report, not a graphic image.

If you can make one whole image in a paint program, with your text and logo, aligned the way you want, then you would only have to have 1 image, but I suspect that the title probably changes from report to report.

I do not understand why this can't be ODS LAYOUT ... it was designed to work with ODS PDF. For example, look at this example on page 5 of this paper https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/015-2013.pdf at the way the string "Quote of the Day" is aligned to the top of the Oakwood Winery box.

cynthia
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, well, yes, I can play around with ODS LAYOUT, but that doesn't solve my issue.. I want this header printed on every page of the report and number of pages is not defined, but ODS LAYOUT let's me generate header only on first page...

/* START: Prep data */
	%macro create_data;
		%macro _dummy; %mend _dummy;

data aaa;
			%do i = 1 %to 50;
				aaa = 'aaa'; output;
			%end;
		run;
	%mend create_data;
	%create_data;
	/* END: Prep data */

options 
		orientation=portrait 
        papersize=A4 
        nodate 
        nonumber 
        nocenter 
        missing=''
		nomprint
     	leftmargin=2cm
		rightmargin=1cm
		topmargin=1cm
		bottommargin=1cm
		nobyline
	;
	ods listing close;
	ods noptitle;
	ods results on;
	ods escapechar='^';

title;
	footnote;

ods pdf file="C:\test_report.pdf" notoc style=styles.SasDocPrinter;
	ods pdf nobookmarkgen;

ods layout gridded x=.1 in y=.1in columns=2 rows=2;
	ods region width=65% height=5%;

data _null_;
		dcl odsout obj();
		obj.layout_gridded(columns: 1,
 							column_gutter: "0in",
 							row_gutter: "0in"); 
		obj.region();
		obj.image(file: "http://3h.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/google_2015_logo_detail-300x100.png",
 					width: "200px",
 					height: "60px");

obj.layout_end();
	run;

ods region width=25% height=5% style={backgroundcolor=cxafbd91 textalign=r};
	ods text='^{style [font_size=10pt font_face=arial textalign=r] TITLE 1 HERE}^{newline}^{style [font_size=10pt font_face=arial textalign=r] TITLE 2 HERE, Page ^{thispage}}'; 

ods region width=65%;
	proc report data = aaa;
	run;

ods layout end;
	ods _all_ close;
	ods listing;

This is gridded layout, so from my understanding, columns should be same width. Of course I can try with absolute layout, so this would work so that I would have 1st row with 2 columns for header and 2nd row with 1 column for report, but still, this doesn't solve my issue with header row printed on every page of the report.

Maybe I don't know something here? Maybe there is onption in ODS LAYOUT, that let's me print some particular REGION whenever new page starts? And in such way, that PROC REPORT continues printing where it left on previous page? I am quite new to ODS, so almost every research on this topic gives me something new 🙂

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It may be easier to just make an image that spans the whole page, titles included and use that in PREIMAGE for a title statement. Or, you might have to step into ODS LAYOUT. Either way, I think working with Tech Support will be your best bet -- choosing between alternatives will be harder when you are new to ODS.

cynthia
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

sorry for late response.. I have solved this by defining backgroundimage= in custom style. This way logo is displayed on every page and Title justified right.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation