BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mostlyclueless
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am using sas version 9.1.3.

I want my proc tabulate to format some numeric variables using the format # ##0 (ie 17 324)and other numeric variables to have the format 12.1 (ie -8.4). This is the code I have tried:

ods tagsets.excelxp file='test.xml' style=custom ;

proc tabulate data=a  style=[tagattr='format:# ##0'];

class year ;

var x y z  ;

var xx ;

table year=' ', x y z xx / misstext='0' row=float ;

run ;

ods tagsets.excelxp close ;

which is close to what I want but of course does not give the desired format for the variable xx.

I then tried

ods tagsets.excelxp file='test2.xml' style=custom ;

proc tabulate data=a ;

class year ;

var x y z / style = {tagattr='format:# ##0'} ;

var xx / style = {tagattr='format:12.1'};

table year=' ', x y z xx / misstext='0' row=float ;

run ;

ods tagsets.excelxp close ;

This produces the undesirable result of formatting all variables with two decimal places and no separator ie 6112.46.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, The ONLY place you can touch the format for individual variables is in the TABLE statement. So the answer is yes, if you want your XX and other variable to be formatted, using TAGATTR, you will have to use the STYLE syntax in the TABLE statement for each one you want to have TAGATTR specified for.

cynthia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ksharp
Super User
TRY:

proc tabulate data=a ;
   class year ;
var x y z  ;
   var xx ;
   table year=' ', x*{style = {tagattr='format:# ##0'} } 
y*{style = {tagattr='format:# ##0'} } 
z*{style = {tagattr='format:# ##0'} }
 xx / misstext='0' row=float ;
run ;

Mostlyclueless
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you. This works for the variables x y and z but not for xx. I want xx to be formatted as -7.4 for example. Also there is a longer list of variables in the var statement. Will I need to specify the *{style = {tagattr='format:# ##0'} } for each of them?

Caroline

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, The ONLY place you can touch the format for individual variables is in the TABLE statement. So the answer is yes, if you want your XX and other variable to be formatted, using TAGATTR, you will have to use the STYLE syntax in the TABLE statement for each one you want to have TAGATTR specified for.

cynthia
Mostlyclueless
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks so much Cynthia. Another question I have is: how do I add a horizontal line above and below the table? I have tried various options and nothing gives a horizontal line above the headings and a horizontal line below the last row, ie just above the footnotes.

Ksharp
Super User
Can't FOOTNOTE '---------' or TITLE '----------' get it ? Post a picture to show what you want.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Have you tried style=journal in your ODS statement (where you specify FILE=)?
ods xxxx file='yyy.xxxx' style=journal;
proc whatever;
run;
ods xxxx close;
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Ah, although I did not focus on your destination. I am not sure that the border lines that you want will work in ODS TAGSET.EXCELXP. Excel is notoriously picky about borderlines.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation