The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

bypageno seems to be off by one

Occasional Contributor

bypageno seems to be off by one

Hello!

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Base Reporting or Procedures forum...but anyway, I have several Proc Reports that use "by" processing and I thought I would take advantage of the "bypageno=n" option in Proc Report. I set it to bypageno=1. I also have set the system options of number and pageno=1. Bygroup1 starts with page 1 and then the second page is also 1 but then it goes in order from there. Then when it changes to bygroup2, it seems to carry over the pagination from bygroup1 for one page and then re-sets to 1 and goes from there. This happens for each subsequent bygroup. Is this a bug in 9.2 or am I using the pageno and bypageno incorrectly? I can provide a code example if necessary (I just didn't to save space in case this was a known issue though I couldn't find any reference to it by searching support.sas.com.

Thanks!
SAS Super FREQ

Re: bypageno seems to be off by one

Hi:
I can duplicate the behavior you see -- with multi-page reports; but with single page reports, things seem to be resetting to 1 correctly. (Of course, there's no opportunity for things to go wrong with a 1 page report...)

You might want to open a track with Tech Support on this issue. If there is any workaround or open defect, they will be able to give you a definitive answer.

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation