The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

Writing mathematical formulas as text in a ODS RTF document

Occasional Contributor

Writing mathematical formulas as text in a ODS RTF document

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of report automation,specifically I'm writing an appendix to a journal article using Base SAS 9.4.  I have written the code to automate the journal text, tables,page numbering, etc.  I now need to write the appendix, which include the formulas used to calculate various items throughout the journal.

Is there a way for me to write mathematical expressions to be output into an ods rtf file.  I've inserted subscripts using ~unicode(...), but is there something I can do to output something along the lines of the attached file.  Also, the attached formula is one that I will ultimately need,  I really will be needing to do summations, square roots, squared number, etc.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Super User

Re: Writing mathematical formulas as text in a ODS RTF document

You can use Escapechar and the RAW function to insert native RTF codes. I haven't done this with the math functions so I can't provide an example.

You may be able to build a version in Word (or other word processor) and then save the file as RTF and then search the text with a text editor to find what you need to insert. If you go this route you may want to find a copy of the RTF specification to find which parts are actually the math symbols.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Writing mathematical formulas as text in a ODS RTF document

Thank You, I will give that a shot. I have never used raw rtf code, so I will have to read up on that, but your approach sounds feasible.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation