BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Marty
Calcite | Level 5
Are there options to specify the size of window that Excel will open when you generate XML code using ODS and the ExcelXP tagset?

Worksheets I generate all seem to open in a small window, requiring a resize to see the reports that have been generated.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
In my version of TAGSETS.EXCELXP, when I use the doc='Help' suboption, I don't see any window sizing options.
[pre]
ods tagsets.excelxp file='print.xls' style=sasweb
options(doc='Help');
[/pre]

However, when i use Office 2007, I do note this behavior: when I maximize my Excel window and then close Excel while in maximized view, the next time I open a spreadsheet, it opens Excel with the last-used settings -- in maximized view. And, if I resize the Excel window to be really tiny before I close Excel -- then -THAT- is the size (tiny) used the next time I open Excel. If there is an XML setting for display size, I don't see it.

cynthia
Marty
Calcite | Level 5
I submitted a technical support inquiry, and found that WindowHeight and WindowWidth can be controlled using proc template. Sample code that Chevell sent follows:

define tagset tagsets.test;
parent=tagsets.excelxp;
define event doc;
start:
eval $numberOfWorksheets 0;
put " putq " encoding=" encoding;
put "?>" NL NL;
putl "";
putl
" putl
" xmlns:x=""urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel""";
putl
" xmlns:ss=""urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet""";
putl " xmlns:html=""http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"">";
putl
"";

do /if operator;
putl "" operator "";
putl "" operator "";
done;

putl "" date "T" time "";
putl "" date "T" time "";
putl "SAS Institute Inc. http://www.sas.com";
putl "" saslongversion "";
putl "
";

/* TO window width and height, modify the tagset below */
putl "" NL;
putl "17000";
putl "20000";
putl "480";
putl "120";
putl "False";
putl "False";
putl "
";

finish:
putl "
";
end;
end;
run; Message was edited by: Marty
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The forum posting mechanism uses HTML tags. So when you post code that has < or > in the code, the posting that you make frequently gets truncated, Review this previous forum posting
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=27609毙

..for how to hide or mask the < and > tags through the use of the [pre] and [/pre] tags around your code and output in order to maintain indenting and spacing and avoid truncation.

cynthia

PS...If there is a fix for things like this, Tech Support generally knows about it! They are wonderful!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation