BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tiny_Kane
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello~

I met a weird problem. I output PROC REPORT into PDF file. 1-845 pages, everything looks great, however, starting from 846page, the table size (or paper size?) suddenly changed and each line was just truncated.... I pasted page 845 and 846 as below. Do you guys know what is the reason? By the way, I am using the default orientation=portrait.

10 REPLIES 10
ballardw
Super User

I've seen similar behavior in other programs when a variable's print space changed just a small amount because it had more "wide" values such as "w" compared with "i" or 0 with 1. That caused a word wrap to create enough space for the offending variable.

I'd be tempted to reduce the format of the mean column to maybe four decimals but that's just a guess.

Tiny_Kane
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks. May be it is a good try. However, I guess in my case, the problem column is the var format....If you compare both page, you would find, in the second page, the width of var format suddenly got wider....And I do not know why that happened...

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Is it possible you requested the NOZERO option and SAS has just removed the columns that did not have any data for that page?

NOZERO

suppresses the display of the report item if its values are all zero or missing.

InteractionsEven though the columns that you define with NOZERO do not appear in the report, you must count them when you are referencing columns by number. (See Four Ways to Reference Report Items in a Compute Block.)
SHOWALL in the PROC REPORT statement or in the ROPTIONS window overrides all occurrences of NOZERO.
Tiny_Kane
Obsidian | Level 7

Hm.... I checked...I did not add any NOZERO option there....

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I had once similar behavior and the solution was printing with a uniform option. That was before ODS exist and a very long time ago.

SAS(R) 9.4 Output Delivery System: User's Guide, Third Edition But is see a uniform option for the PDF output  for tables.

Did you use that? Take care on the notice of memory usage.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

This seems very odd behavior -- you had 1 PROC REPORT (not 2), right? If you didn't do anything that would change options in midstream, like call  a second PROC REPORT step, then this seems like something that Tech Support would want to look at and possibly refer to the developers. I'd recommend opening a track.

cynthia

Tiny_Kane
Obsidian | Level 7

I do have two PROC REPORT. But those two are triggered based on IF condition...Only one of them could  be triggered at once, not both of them. So, I may have to contact with Tech Support. Thanks!

Tiny_Kane
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks! This option can help solve this problem. But, I still can see the size of table has changed from the page 845 to the page 846...I guess it is due to the SAS tech issue. Thanks anyway!

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Yep the format was the other trigger for that  changeable not stable layout.

That is where the uniform option did help.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Tiny_Kane
Obsidian | Level 7

It is very weird....Uniform option worked yesterday but it does not work today when I rerun the code....Too weird....I have to change the orientation to landscape....sign~

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation