BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chimanbj
Obsidian | Level 7

I am working on creating a summary report containing charts and tables.  I'm using ODS Layout and ODS Region to accomplish this in SAS 9.4.  I've used techniques that I've learned at the Global Forum to block out the areas with color, and it works to a point.  I plan on having three rows of information.  The first row is four charts, the next two rows are tables that are associated with the charts in the first row.

The code below shows the layout and region information.  Box 1 - Box 4 are working fine.  Box 5 works, if I keep the WIDTH < 2.75in.  Once I go above that, SAS tells me: "WARNING: WIDTH exceeds LAYOUT WIDTH for PDF destination. This option will be ignored."  Am I missing something?  I'm really hoping that I have a typo that I cannot see, and that this isn't a "bug".

options nodate;

ods listing close;

options orientation=landscape nonumber nodate;

ods graphics on / antialiasmax=143300;

ods pdf file="test.pdf";

ods layout start height=8in width=10.5in;

ods region x=.25in y=.5in height=2in width=2.5in style={background = green};

ods text="Box 1";

ods region x=2.75in y=.5in height=2in width=2.5in style={background = purple};

ods text="Box 2";

ods region x=5.25in y=.5in height=2in width=2.5in style={background = pink};

ods text="Box 3";

ods region x=7.75in y=.5in height=2in width=2.5in style={background = orange};

ods text="Box 4";

/*Box 5 is a problem with the WIDTH is > 2.75in.  When it is at 2.5in, it works just fine*/

ods region x=.25in y=3in height=2in width=3in style={background = yellow};

ods text="Box 5";

ods layout end;

ods pdf close;

ods listing;

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Generally for questions about ODS LAYOUT, since it has changed between previous versions of SAS and the most current 9.4 version, my recommendation is that you work with Tech Support on this question. They can look at all of your code AND your version of SAS and help you come to the best resolution. To open a track with Tech Support, send email to support@sas.com, or fill out the form at this link:  Technical Support Form

cynthia

updated link to Tech Support form.

chimanbj
Obsidian | Level 7

I submitted to tech support. I will let everyone know what they say.  By the way, your link to the web form takes me to an Outlook client.

mjsstat
Calcite | Level 5

hi,

I am hoping you may have received update on the issue raised ods region, now i am facing same issue. 

Could you please provide solution/fix you have received.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, I'm not sure what's up with the link. When I click it, it takes me here: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform//createForm  to send mail to Tech Support, you would need to use the email addresses support@sas.com (I believe if you click the email address it causes your default mail client to open with the address filled in the To field). So click on the "createForm" link to go to the Tech Support web page with the 'submit a problem' form.

cynthia

mjsstat
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia,
Thank you for suggestion, yes i have sent email to support team and received a tracking number 7611878351.

I was hoping that as the issue raised by chimanbj is almost year old, he might have heard back from SAS Support team.

Regards,
mjsstat
Ksharp
Super User

Not sure if it could work ,add options to make PDF wider .

options papersize=( 40in  40in);

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation