BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HanaR
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I have a problem with line-up in ODS PDF output using proportional font (Arial); I know I have to use monospace font to do so;

The problem is that the requirement from the users indicates that the developers must use "ARIAL" only in that report.

I suppose I could create a dynamic format for that particular column, which displays the name of the state and followed by dots (below is the example.

But, I am wondering if there is any way in ODS to line-up the value in PDF file.

example:

monospaceArial
Alabama .........Alabama ........
California ......California .........

For state_name column, it is 100 bytes long and contains "name of the state" and "dots(.)"

In proc report, the column is 1.75 in.

the code is attached. the problem area is "COMPUTE" area; with SAS Monospace, it shows uniformed spacing.

Thanks.

Hana

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What is the purpose of the dots?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Is this is a duplicate posting? This question has been answered in a different post (https://communities.sas.com/message/158378#158378).  Is there a new development to the other question or to the answer?

cynthia

HanaR
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

Yes it is; I posted this earlier.  Sorry about that.

The dots are for filling in the column of the state name; e.g. the column is char(50). so state_name = "Florida ......." or "Texa ......."

Using Arial font does not meet the clients' satisfaction; however, Ms. Cynthia's explanation gave them the reason to look at other wasy to produce the reports.  Many thanks to Ms. Cynthia.

Best Regards,

Hyunjoo Reed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation