BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pberg
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I am working with PROC TEMPLATE and PROC REPORT / ODS HTML to produce a report that requires some additional features such as a fixed column header and also horizontal scrolling from right to left.  I've been able to code everything but the fixed column header within PROC TEMPLATE and then save as a custom style.

I have some code from a web programmer that should do the fixed column while scrolling but can't figure out how to incorporate this code into either PROC TEMPLATE or in the CSS sheet.  She simply inserted the code into the HTML produced by SAS but I need something more automated within SAS.

Has anyone done something like this and could share ideas/code?  Thanks Pat

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: I thought there was an HTMLSCROLL destination that would allow you to scroll and do what you wanted. Take a look at this R&D web site http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/htmlscroll.html

cynthia
pberg
Calcite | Level 5
Hello and thanks for the tip. I have looked at this example but it is not quite what I need as I am using code to do right to left scrolling within the table. This is done in PROC TEMPLATE and is working fine but the freezing of the left hand most column is what I am stuck on right now.
Here is my TEMPLATE code for the scrolling (below). If I want to add some code like this to PROC TEMPLATE for the fixed column, is this possible? I have code written by another programmer but am not sure how to express it in PROC TEMPLATE.

proc template;
define style styles.test_withpanefromNA ;
parent=styles.sasweb;
style table from table /
outputwidth=99%
prehtml='<DIV
style="overflow:auto;
overflow-x: scroll;
overflow-y: visible;
direction: rtl;
WIDTH:100%;HEIGHT:visible "
id="data">
'
posthtml="</div>" ;
end ;
run ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation