BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,

I want to generate a excel file with 3 sheets.Each sheet will have output from each program(i have 3 programs).

So i tried with DDE ,but it is posting the data but not report(I.e output from any proc)

sheet1:proc freq output
sheet2:proc tabulate output
sheet3:proc print output

Waiting for the valuable replies.

Thanks Inadvance.
4 REPLIES 4
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
Have a look at the options for the excelxp tagset. Setting SHEET_INTERVAL to PROC and executing the three proc-steps within one ods-statement should create the requested layout.
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
lots of ways with ODS, but I imagine your best start point would be http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/excelxp_demo.html .
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for reply.

My problem is all my output are coming from different programs.

Thanks.
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
have your different programs stop short of the "reporting" and add a final one that waits for your "non-reporting" programs to finish, then performs that final reporting stage.
If the "reporting" is too complex to place all in one, then use ODS DOCUMENT to collect the "reports" and PROC DOCUMENT to generate the ODS for excel, in one final job.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation