BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
priya
Calcite | Level 5
how to align title if I am creating a listing not ODS just sas listing

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The SAS Options statement is what affects the SAS titles and footnotes (and the entire report) in the LISTING window.

By default
[pre]
options center;
[/pre]

will cause the titles, footnotes and report output to be centered in the linesize that you specify. If you have
[pre]
options nocenter;
[/pre]
Then the report, along with the titles and footnotes will be left justified. There is a way to right justify the title in the linesize, as I remember, somebody published a SAS Macro program to perform this kind of justification in the LISTING destination, essentially by counting the number of characters in the Title string, and using a calculated number of spaces to pad the title string so right justification could be accomplished.

See these references:
http://support.sas.com/kb/24/729.html
http://www.sconsig.com/sastips/tip00061.htm

Of course, with ODS for non-listing destinations, it is much different because right on the TITLE or FOOTNOTE statement, you can specify justification:
[pre]
title j=r 'Right justified title';
title j=l 'Left justified';
[/pre]

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
I didn't get a chance to feedback to the ODS developers my appreciation for this syntax.

It has been available in SAS/Graph since some time in the mists of V6 antiquity, for which I was very grateful because it made GSlide and similar procedures very simple to lay out.

Adding it to ODS was an excellent synergy and seemed to mark a time when procedures were being developed with a little more consultation and review.

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation