BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9
Hello,
I am generating an excel report with 3 tables in a stored process. However, I have repeating title statements even though I have only 1 set of title statements at the top. So, I tried the workaround of using a blank statements -

title ;
footnote;

However this removes the repeating title statement but also removes any lines between the tables.

So, I changed the above statement to this -

title '';
footnote;

but I keep getting a single quote in the report when I should get a blank row. Any suggestions how to prevent that?

Thanks,
saspert.

%macro _overview_table;

proc sql noprint;
CREATE TABLE WORK.ovrvw_Cum_Elg_Pop AS SELECT *
from sashelp.class;
quit;

/* produce the proc report */
proc report data=ovrvw_Cum_Elg_Pop nowd
style(header)=[just=center font_face=arial foreground=white bordercolor=black background=#003300 font_weight=bold];
run;
quit;
%mend _overview_table;
/****************Call the macro to create overview table**********/
%_overview_table
/****************Call the macro to create overview table**********/

title '';
footnote ;
/*ods escapechar='^';*/
/**/
/*title1 j=left h=14pt 'ERROR_STP_XL_FMT' j=r '^S={preimage="/sasdev/logo.bmp"}';*COLOR=BLACK FONT=Arial Bold;*/

%_overview_table

title '';
footnote ;
/*Title1 h=14pt justify=left font=Arial Bold "Health Assessment Completion by Location Summary";*/

%_overview_table
4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User
Did you try putting any blanks within the quotes? Like TITLE ' ';

SAS generally treats 2 adjacent quotes as a way to say "print one". An example is:

TITLE 'This title displays a single '' quote within a title';
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you. It does resolve the issue. So, even if I have three adjacent single qoutes, it is considered as one (title .. '''...)?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm not sure what you mean by three adjacent single quotes. Can you post your whole TITLE statement???? I would hate for your stored process to get lost in "quote-land" because you accidentally used mismatched quotes.

Generally, if you pad your TITLE statement with spaces, the spaces show up in HTML output -- but might be suppressed in other result types that ignore white space. Really, if you are doing this with a stored process, you need to provide more information, such as your WHOLE title statement and information about what client application is going to receive these results. For example, I'm not sure that PowerPoint or Web Report Studio (since they use SASReport XML format) would respect white space no matter what you did. On the other hand, other client applications might respect additional white space in a TITLE statement.

cynthia
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you Cynthia. I think your note answered my question.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation