The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

TABULATE titles while using ODS REGION with PDF

N/A

TABULATE titles while using ODS REGION with PDF

In one segment of a program I'm writing, I create a PDF with two TABULATE tables, side-by-side. In order to get an overall title on the page, I've laid everything out with ODS REGION statements--GSLIDE to control the title and a region for each table.

I would also like the titles for the individual tables to show up. Using TITLE within TABULATE does indeed generate the titles--they're showing up on the non-PDF output--but they won't show up in my PDF output. I have made the heights of the regions more than sufficient for a table and title, and I know if the region was too small it would be cutting off the table at the bottom, not the title.

Any general idea why such a thing would happen, or is this probably a case to send to tech support?

Thanks!
SAS Employee

Re: TABULATE titles while using ODS REGION with PDF

Could you send me a snippet of code and the output you are receiving so I can get a better idea of what you are describing.

Thanks!

Just e-mail it to ods@sas.com
New Contributor

I would also be interested in seeing the solution to this issue as I'm about to attempt the same thing myself.
Thanks. :-)
SAS Employee

Our ODS LAYOUT expert in R&D is away this week (SUGI). We should have an answer for you early next week.

-- David Kelley, SAS
SAS Employee

After investigation I discovered the problem. When you use the option "startpage=never" new pages never get created. Therefore you won't have the ability to request a title on a new page since it never occurs. A simple solution would be to call "ods pdf text=" instead and center it over your table to act as a title. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question.
N/A

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for...and completely forgot about using ODS TEXT.

Thank you!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation