BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
In one segment of a program I'm writing, I create a PDF with two TABULATE tables, side-by-side. In order to get an overall title on the page, I've laid everything out with ODS REGION statements--GSLIDE to control the title and a region for each table.

I would also like the titles for the individual tables to show up. Using TITLE within TABULATE does indeed generate the titles--they're showing up on the non-PDF output--but they won't show up in my PDF output. I have made the heights of the regions more than sufficient for a table and title, and I know if the region was too small it would be cutting off the table at the bottom, not the title.

Any general idea why such a thing would happen, or is this probably a case to send to tech support?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
ScottH_SAS
SAS Employee
Could you send me a snippet of code and the output you are receiving so I can get a better idea of what you are describing.

Thanks!

Just e-mail it to ods@sas.com
ChrisW75
Calcite | Level 5
I would also be interested in seeing the solution to this issue as I'm about to attempt the same thing myself.
Thanks. 🙂
David_SAS
SAS Employee
Our ODS LAYOUT expert in R&D is away this week (SUGI). We should have an answer for you early next week.

-- David Kelley, SAS
ScottH_SAS
SAS Employee
After investigation I discovered the problem. When you use the option "startpage=never" new pages never get created. Therefore you won't have the ability to request a title on a new page since it never occurs. A simple solution would be to call "ods pdf text=" instead and center it over your table to act as a title. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for...and completely forgot about using ODS TEXT.

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation