BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pawan
Obsidian | Level 7

lAs I divert my outputs to XML files, I get a prompt (window named as File Download) whether to Open or Save or Cancel, which I really dont want to have.

Is there any option like NoPrompt or open_excel="no"? I'm using sheet_name=" " option as I got to load data into multiple tabs, dont know if this option is causing me all the trouble

Below is sample code

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP FILE ="C:\.....\FILENAME.XML";

TITLE        " Title for 1st sheet";

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP OPTIONS(SHEET_NAME="SUMMARY" EMBEDDED_TITLES="yes" ABSOLUTE_COLUMN_WIDTH='10,15,8,....');

Proc Steps....

TITLE        "  ";

TITLE        " Title for 2nd sheet";

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP OPTIONS(SHEET_NAME="DATA" EMBEDDED_TITLES="yes" ABSOLUTE_COLUMN_WIDTH='10,15,8,....');

Proc Steps....

TITLE        "  ";

ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

I appreciate all valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I found it:

http://support.sas.com/kb/9/627.html

Although this note references RTF and PDF specifically, I believe the fix is the same for any kind of external file (like the .XML file that you create with TAGSETS.EXCELXP) -- generally all of these files are opened with "3rd party" applications and this popup window is part of Windows behavior. You should NOT run into this issue in batch mode. You can verify with Tech Support, but I believe your only choice is the Windows Registry change.

cynthia

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Reeza
Super User

If you go into SAS Menu Tools>Options>Preferences

Then on the results tab make sure the view results as they are generated is not selected.

pawan
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Reeza, Although this worked for me as of now, for some reasons the settings are not carried out for newer sessions. Also, now I'm worried of how it works with batch runs... may be I should look out for some options statement where I can have a complete control on this... Thanks once again.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'm not at a place where I can search for Tech Support notes, but I believe there is a Tech Support note about this prompt. There is no suboption that I know of to suppress this prompt.

cynthia

pawan
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Cynthia, let me reach out to Support team..

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I found it:

http://support.sas.com/kb/9/627.html

Although this note references RTF and PDF specifically, I believe the fix is the same for any kind of external file (like the .XML file that you create with TAGSETS.EXCELXP) -- generally all of these files are opened with "3rd party" applications and this popup window is part of Windows behavior. You should NOT run into this issue in batch mode. You can verify with Tech Support, but I believe your only choice is the Windows Registry change.

cynthia

pawan
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks very much Cynthia, this really helps and I think this should be the ultimate resolution for any such requirements. Great!!

morglum
Quartz | Level 8

This link is dead,  what did it say?

thanks

morglum
Quartz | Level 8
that's great- thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation