BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
spjcdc
Calcite | Level 5

How can I have a header span ALL the column in a report.  All the examples I've seen show a blank column in column 1.

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19
proc report data=sashelp.class nowd list;

columns ('Table 1. SASHELP.Class' ('First Two' _character_) ('The rest' _numeric_));
   run;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

What's your destination? How are you generating your report?

spjcdc
Calcite | Level 5

sorry for not providing more detail.  I'm planning on using Proc Report.  Currently the report is going to Excel but I don't know if that's a hard-and-fast requirement.  If we could get it to RTF that might work just as well. 

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

columns ('Spanning all' _all_);
   run;
spjcdc
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to attach an example in Word but it said the file was too large.  In any case imagine the SASHELP.CLASS file with a header that spans the entire table with the text 'Table 1. SASHELP.Class'.  Underneath that are two spanned headers entitled 'First two variables' that span the Age and Sex columns and another header 'The other 3 variables' that span name, height and weight.  THen there'd be a row with Sex, Age, Name, Height and Weight with the actual data values following them. 

Steve

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

columns ('Table 1. SASHELP.Class' ('First Two' _character_) ('The rest' _numeric_));
   run;

spjcdc
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks data _null_.  That's just what I needed.

Steve

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation