BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am creating an RTF file through ODS and PROC REPORT, and I am noticing that 1 or 2 blank lines are being placed between the table and the footnotes. I can remove these lines in the file (post-processing), but I was wondering if there is a way to control this within the SAS code. Here is an example of the code that I am using. The style is a modified version of the Journal style template. If a part of the style template controls this spacing, please let me know:

ods rtf file=".rtf"
style=Myjournal bodytitle;
ods escapechar='^';

title1 bold justify=l "Title 1";
proc report data=test headline headskip split="|" nowd spacing=2 style(report)={asis=on just=l cellpadding=5 borderwidth=5};
columns gp i x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 ;
define gp / order noprint;
define i / display width=20 "Variable" left flow format=cat. style(column)={cellwidth=25% asis=on};
define x1 / display width=12 "Group 1|(N=XXX)" center style={cellwidth=13%};
define x2 / display width=12 "Group 2|(N=XXX)" center style={cellwidth=13%};
define x3 / display width=12 "Group 3|(N=XXX)" center style={cellwidth=13%};
define x4 / display width=12 "Placebo|(N=XXX)" center style={cellwidth=13%};
define x5 / display width=12 "Total|(N=XXX)" center style={cellwidth=13%};
compute before gp;
line @1 gp gp.;
endcomp;
compute after gp;
line " ";
endcomp;
footnote1 justify=l "Footnote 1";
footnote2 justify=l "^{super a} Footnote 2.";
footnote3 justify=l "^{super b} Footnote 3.";
footnote4 justify=l "Note: This is an example note.";
footnote5 justify=l "&sysdate9 &systime";
run;
ods rtf close;

Thanks!

-Phil
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I think the amount of space that is used to separate the footnote from the table is 2 spaces when you use BODYTITLE, (same as when you use STARTPAGE). In the future, there will be a way to decrease this amount of space -- either through the measured RTF destination (in 9.2) or with a style element, as described here:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/new92/92measuredrtf.html (see the description of the PARSKIP style element).

Sadly, however, I do not think this element works in 9.1.3 with the "classic" RTF destination. So you may need to keep post processing the file to remove the spaces that you don't want.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia!
Thanks for your response! I was afraid that this version did not have the capability, because I tried so many things, and none of them gave me the result I needed. Oh well, we'll keep the post-processing for now, until the next version.

Thanks again!

-Phil

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation