BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have a SAS transport file with .xpt extension which is created at other site using proc cport in Windows OS with SAS V9 and downloaded at my site. I am trying to unpack this file using proc cimport in Windows OS and SAS V8 and it gives an error message 'Given transport file is bad'. I think this is because proc cport and proc cimport doesn't work for backward versions of SAS. The other procedure I can think of is using Xport engine with Proc copy to create transport files which works with backward versions of SAS. But I think that only works for SAS Dataset files not for SAS Formats and Catalogs. The other site have SAS Datasets, Formats and catalog files. Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to transport these files correctlyin one .xpt file?

Thanks & Regards,

Jigar.
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
FAQ01099 on the Support site talks about some of the issues with transport files. Your error message is one of those produced where "The following errors are produced if either or both the file characteristics are wrong or the transport file is transferred or uploaded as something other than binary or image:"

There are also many other notes on the creation and reading of transport files, you should exclude these possibilities first.

The documentation does not make any reference to issues of compatibility between transport files created on the data model for SASV7, which includes both V8 and V9. It also provides information on transporting catalogs as well as tables.

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation