The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

SAS ODS with multiple sheet

Occasional Contributor

SAS ODS with multiple sheet

Coud anybody explain how to import data in multiple excel sheet in a single excel file by using ODS and PROD REPORT. 

Super Contributor

Re: SAS ODS with multiple sheet

Posted in reply to singhsahab

You can't import data with ODS and Proc Report - if you want to read an excel file with multiple worksheets you should use either the EXCEL, PCFILES or XLSX engines as shown in this link http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/69731/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p05hxa7xihwolmn1sd... - the workbook will then appear as a library with each worksheet appearing as a seperate data set

Respected Advisor

@singhsahab

What exactly are you trying to achieve? What do you have (what's your starting point) and what do you want (what's the desired result)?

Occasional Contributor

Dear Patrick,

I've two dataset tab1 and tab2. I want to export these dataset into a single excel sheet with sheet name tab1 and tab2.

I'm able to achieve this by using ODS EXCEL and PROC PRINT but i want to achieve this by using ODS EXCEL and PROC REPORT .
Super User

Making a very broad assumption that you actually mean export to Excel, see the examples here:

https://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/excelxp_demo.html

Otherwise, please clarify your question. 

singhsahab wrote:

Coud anybody explain how to import data in multiple excel sheet in a single excel file by using ODS and PROD REPORT. 

Occasional Contributor

Dear Reeza,

I've two dataset tab1 and tab2. I want to export these dataset into a single excel sheet with sheet name tab1 and tab2.

I'm able to achieve this by using ODS EXCEL and PROC PRINT but i want to achieve this by using ODS EXCEL and PROC REPORT .

Super User

singhsahab wrote:

Dear Reeza,

So replace your PROC PRINT with the PROC REPORT. 

I'm not sure what the question is beyond that or how we can help you out here. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation