The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

SAS ERROR when there are too many .*sas7bitm

Contributor

SAS ERROR when there are too many .*sas7bitm

Having played around with ODS graphs and html output lately I noticed a seemingly random SAS error occurring when a lot of *.sas7bitm files are stored in the work directory (using SAS 9.2 under Windows).

Looks like when the counter of the files reached 9999 (?) SAS will issues an error messages.
I don't have much use of these item store files and is there a way to get rid of them during a SAS session?
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: SAS ERROR when there are too many .*sas7bitm

What is the exact symptom (SAS error message) you receive and after what SAS code (executed) do you receive the message?

If you search the SAS support website for the file-extension, it is referred to as ITEMSTOR files, used for various purposes. If you do get some SAS error, suggest focusing on the problem by contacting SAS technical support or reply back to the forum for feedback.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Recommended Google advanced search argument this topic/post:

sas7bitm itemstor files 9.2 site:sas.com

Problem Note 37490: The WORK library can fill up with temporary itemstores when running ODS GRAPHICS procedures
http://support.sas.com/kb/37/490.html Message was edited by: sbb
Contributor

Problem Note 37490 ! yep this is it. Didn't found it myself sorry.

Not really resolved however...
Respected Advisor

Once you find the path to work with PATHNAME you can delete the files system DEL/ERASE using X, call system, systask etc.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation