BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mduarte
Quartz | Level 8

Hi - I have been using R for many years and have been especially happy with the ability to create reports or presentations using the Knitr package within RStudio without having to copy and paste code or results.  I have read about SASweave and StatRep but they don't seem on-par with R/RStudio as, from what I understand, one cannot debug the code from within Latex.  Another solution seems to be use SAS within RStudio - but given I already know R I cannot see that benefit.

Are users out there able to provide me with their workflows to incorporate SAS output in written reports and presentations, so any changes to the data or processing are automatically reflected in the reports and presentations? (I try to avoid copy and paste wherever I can ...)

* Is it at least possible to dynamically link charts to Microsoft Word / Powerpoint? and are there references on how best to do this?

* Is a solution to save the charts as .PNG and include in Latex?  (although this wouldn't allow me to display variable values / results in text..)

Note that I am using SAS Enterprise Guide. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

SAS generates Powerpoints/PDF/RTF automatically.

Typically for my analysis, I'll generate the tables directly to RTF/Word files or PDF files as required.

You can search on lexjansen.com for sample code for reports/tables but the truth is there's so many different ways and SAS provides a ton of flexibility in incorporating your results into final products that I'm not even sure where to start.

I presented a paper a few years back on generating complex reports from SAS - it doesn't quite stand alone though:

http://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/en_ca/User%20Group%20Presentations/Edmonton-User-Group/FareezaKhu...

The reports are here, 132 reports with customized text, graphs, maps, etc.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/services/PHC-community-profiles.html

mduarte
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks Reeza, those reports look great. I will create some sample reports using your method and the StatRep method that @ChrisHemedinger has suggested.
Reeza
Super User

SAS generates Powerpoints/PDF/RTF automatically.

Typically for my analysis, I'll generate the tables directly to RTF/Word files or PDF files as required.

You can search on lexjansen.com for sample code for reports/tables but the truth is there's so many different ways and SAS provides a ton of flexibility in incorporating your results into final products that I'm not even sure where to start.

I presented a paper a few years back on generating complex reports from SAS - it doesn't quite stand alone though:

http://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/en_ca/User%20Group%20Presentations/Edmonton-User-Group/FareezaKhu...

The reports are here, 132 reports with customized text, graphs, maps, etc.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/services/PHC-community-profiles.html

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This is the sort of thing that StatRep was designed for.  I don't know about the limitations re: debugging that you mention, but I'll bet that SAS' @TimArnold could answer if you have specific concerns.

Some StatRep resources:

If using with SAS Enterprise Guide, I think it should work fine.  But you will probably need to adjust the application options to suppress the default ODS destinations, and take control to use the LaTex package.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation