The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

Regression Output Parameter Estimates

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Regression Output Parameter Estimates

Is there a way to limit ODS or PROC Reg output to just the parameter estimats? I'm running several regressions, and each time, SAS prints out a ton of extra information that I don't need. I really only need the first page of each regression output, the parameter estimates, so the regressions are taking an unnecessarly long time to run.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-08-2016 01:22 AM
Super User

Re: Regression Output Parameter Estimates

Before your proc add the following line to limit the results to the parameter estimates table.

ODS SELECT ParameterEstimates;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-08-2016 01:22 AM
Super User

Before your proc add the following line to limit the results to the parameter estimates table.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Reza!

So would my code look like this? 

proc reg data= Database;
TITLE 'Table 1.1 UC Berkeley Total Admission Rates';
model UCBTotalAR = AvgSAT LCFFPerCapita FundPerCapita Year;

proc reg data= Database;
TITLE 'Table 1.2 UC Berkeley Total Senior Admission Rates';
model UCBSeniorAR = AvgSAT LCFFPerCapita FundPerCapita Year;

Super User

Run it and let me know Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Hi Reeza!

Thank you for your help! By using the code you suggested, I was able to limit the output for the first regression to just the parameter estimate; however, when I attempt to run the code including the second regression, the output still prints the graphs. When I put the code in front of both regressions 1 and 2, the output still prints graphs for regression 2. Is there a way to limit output to the parameter estimate for all of my regressions? I have about 80-90 regressions, so I can't print the full report for all of thse.

Super User

That doesn't make sense. If it's in front of each it should suppress for each. If you have 80-90 proc regs Im going to say you have a very inefficient process and getting the results you want aren't going to be straightforward.  For one - the name for each table would need to be unique. It doesn't make sense to have any output with 80-90 regressions. You should capture all in a table since manually reviewing that many results is goimg to be error prone. 

You could use close all destinations so you don't get any results but I would suggest redesigning your process. Although it seems tedious my guess is as soon as you need to make a small change you'll get the time back 

This paper may be helpful. 

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/249-2011.pdf

Occasional Contributor

Hi Reeza, 

I tried it again and it actually worked! Thank you!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation