BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi....I am using Proc Report procedure to create a Summary report in Excel. What I would like to do is to be able to restrict the number of rows, say 100 rows  on any given worksheet and if the dataset has more than 100 rows, then automatically a new worksheet is created an so forth until all the data in the dataset are reported on a worksheet. But the  worksheets cannot have more than 100 rows in them. Each new worksheet is to have a header row. Is this possible....thanks in adavance.

7 REPLIES 7
Ksharp
Super User

Not sure exactly what you mean by that .

Can't you add a dataset option to print only 100 obs?

proc report data=have(obs=100) nowd;

twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Ksharp.....I want to separate or partion the dataset so that the first 100 rows are on one worksheet and the following 100 rows are on the second worsksheet and so on such that if there ws 240 rows in the dataset, then I should end up with 3 worksheets where the first one would have the first 100 rows of the dataset, the second worksheet would have the next 100 rows from the dataset and the third worksheet would have the remaining 40 rows form the dataset.

Ksharp
Super User

Ou, That is a tough one . Hope Cynthia@sas could give you some good idea .

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Well:

ods tagsets.excelxp file="s:\temp\rob\test.xls";

data _null_;

set sashelp.vtable (where=(libname="SASHELP" and memname="CARS"));

do I=0 to nobs by 100;

call execute('ods tagsets.excelxp options (sheet_name="Sheet'||strip(put(floor(i/100),best.))||'");

data x;

set sashelp.cars;

if '||strip(put(I,best.))||' <= _n_ < '||strip(put(I+100,best.))||' then output;

run;

proc report data=x nowd;

run;');

end;

run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi RW9....Thanks for your response. Is there someting missing from part of your code as I am getting an error from the Proc Report statement.

proc report data=x nowd; 

run;');

end;

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Whats the error, I have just copied and pasted the above and it works fine.

twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks to everyone who have made suggestions. I ended up creating another column (Group = ceil(_n_/100)) and used the Sheet_interval='bygroup' option to create a multi sheet excel file and it seem to work fine.....Thanks once gain to All.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation