BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Here's something I'm curious about.

If you could change just ONE thing about ODS what would it be?? Pick your piece of ODS. Post your change. Let's talk.

ODS OUTPUT?
ODS HTML?
ODS RTF?
ODS PDF?
ODS MARKUP?

cynthia
33 REPLIES 33
JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Better support for flowing in layouts.
rtemp001
Calcite | Level 5
Better support for the "Page x of Y" in RTF and PDF when you
mix tables and graphs. And it would be nice to have a common
method of asking for this, no matter what ODS destination you are using.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I can respond to the rtf side of the question and partially to the rest. In SAS 9.1, you can modify a style element to use the PAGEOF syntax without having to burn a title statement. This gets around the problem of graphics not honoring the spec unles the NOGTITLE option is used.

I'll insert some text to show this technique. Notice the use of a "universal escape sequence". The escape alerts the process that a function is being used. The use of the universal escape means you do not have to set up the escapechar anytime you use this style.

This gives you the global usage you might use. I believe there is a restriction with PDF and graphics, but I can't answer with a lot of detail on that issue.

[pre]
proc template;
define style mystyle;
parent=styles.default;
Replace PageNo from TitlesAndFooters /
font = fonts("strongFont")
cellpadding = 0 cellspacing = 0
just=r vjust=t
posttext= " of (*ESC*){lastpage}" ;
;
end;
run;

ods rtf file="pageno.rtf" style = mystyle ;

proc print data=sashelp.class ; run;
proc gplot data=sashelp.class ; plot age*height; run;
proc print data=sashelp.class ; run;

ods rtf close ;
[\pre]
David_SAS
SAS Employee
We're aware that the PAGEOF functionality does not work with
ODS PRINTER and SAS/Graph. Customers have reported it to us more than once!

-- David Kelley, SAS
mlamias
Fluorite | Level 6
I know this is probably a stretch for SAS right now, but it would be great to have an ODS EXCEL option. I know you can achieve this with ods html file='filename.xls" or ods csv or with DDE, but all these methods seem clumsy.
Eric_SAS
SAS Employee
How about using the ODS tagsets.Excelxp destination?

It's been around since SAS 9.0. It works best with SAS 9.1.3.

You can get the latest version here.

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/odsmarkup/

Not a stretch at all...
deleted_user
Not applicable
A graphical user interface for ODS LAYOUT would be great.
kdoherty_fau_edu
Calcite | Level 5
I second this. A GUI to create layouts would be excellent.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I vote for that too.

The GUI needs to be available through EG.
DouglasMartin
Calcite | Level 5
But not only through Enterprise Guide!
deleted_user
Not applicable
We have this type of functionality in EG 4.1 using the new SAS 9 Report Object Model (ROM) ODS output type. See the presentation that includes that at SUGI 31 @ http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/ (EG 4.1 overview- http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/sugi31/neweg41.pdf see page 4 for some screenshots.)

Regards,
Stephen
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
'deleted_user'...that's a clever name. 🙂
deleted_user
Not applicable
A general thing: make all ODS destinations use the exact same syntax to achieve the same results.

If you are looking for something more specific: in the printer destinations, let titles print even when not the first thing on a page. Currently we have to use ODS PDF TEXT to get around this, and I dislike having to code all my titles twice, once for printer destinations and once for HTML.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I need to use ods tagsets.excelxpfor creating a report using an existing template.
The template contains all the header information in a required format.
What option should I use to output my dataset values into those specific cells (meant for values in the template)???

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats