BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Robert_Bardos
Fluorite | Level 6
(SAS release 9.1.3)

Is there a way to programmatically determine which ODS destinations are open (other than meticulously tracking all opens and closes myself) ? SAS can warn us about "No active ODS destinations" so it has this information available somewhere.Would be nice if this information could be externalized.

Why would I want to know this? In short: so that I can temporarily close one destination, write to another destination (let's say a quick diagnostic proc print to the listing destination) and then resume writing to the first destination. Think of this quick diagnostic proc print as a swiss army knife like include member or macro that could just be dropped into existing code without doing any harm to currently active destinations.

Clear as mud? A reply along the lines "Nope, can't be done but makes for a nice suggestion for the next ballot" would suffice. Am hitting the dictionary tables next.

Regards
Robert (whose consulting gig is about to end on Thursday which means 'no SAS, no z/OS' for an unforeseeable period ... sigh)
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Available with SAS 9.2 per SAS support website - DICTIONARY.DESTINATIONS or SASHELP.VDEST otherwise.

See this tech/usage note revealed from the search argument below:
Usage Note 33590: You can determine the open ODS destinations programmatically
http://support.sas.com/kb/33/590.html

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

determine current ods destination status site:sas.com
Robert_Bardos
Fluorite | Level 6
Great, thanks Scott (once again I should say as Scott has been a 'most valuable' resource back in my MICS days already).

9.2 is installed here but not in production yet. I'll mention the possibility to the guys here.

Greetings from Berlin (and soon from Zurich again)
Robert

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation