BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Aidaan_10
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have my proc report statement as 
proc report data=transpose1a out=qc
style(report)=[rules=rows]
;
by population  treatment pageof title3;
col subject treatment  ;
define subject / order order=internal "Subject"
style(header)=[just=left ]
style(column)=[just=left ];

define treatment / order order=internal "Treatment"
style(header)=[just=left ]
style(column)=[just=left ];

run;

And the output which I get is like......

Subject   Treatment

12345     Drug A

34567     Drug B

78901    Drug C

Drug D

90503     Drug E

Drug F

Notice in the output, same subject 78901 AND 90503 has different treatments, so I want to repeat the subject number  for another treatment too...something like...

Subject   Treatment

78901    Drug C

78901    Drug D

90503     Drug E

90503    Drug F

Is this possible?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,

PROC REPORT suppresses repetitive values for GROUP and ORDER items. Since you made SUBJECT a usage of ORDER (I assume so you could use ORDER=INTERNAL), then PROC REPORT thinks it is doing you a favor here by NOT showing you the repeated value for SUBJECT. If your data are already in the order you want and you want to see every row for subject with a value, then change the usage of SUBJECT to DISPLAY instead of ORDER and you'll probably have to change the value of TREATMENT to DISPLAY as well.

There is a way to make a COMPUTED column if you absolutely need for Subject to be an ORDER item. But that involves a bit more PROC REPORT code.

cynthia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,

PROC REPORT suppresses repetitive values for GROUP and ORDER items. Since you made SUBJECT a usage of ORDER (I assume so you could use ORDER=INTERNAL), then PROC REPORT thinks it is doing you a favor here by NOT showing you the repeated value for SUBJECT. If your data are already in the order you want and you want to see every row for subject with a value, then change the usage of SUBJECT to DISPLAY instead of ORDER and you'll probably have to change the value of TREATMENT to DISPLAY as well.

There is a way to make a COMPUTED column if you absolutely need for Subject to be an ORDER item. But that involves a bit more PROC REPORT code.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation