BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lokraj
Calcite | Level 5

I have the following code.

data ListOfFiles;
set sqlSTL.Upload_Master;
if Meta_User="&user.";
length FileName_Desc FileName_Select FileName_Delete Button_Select $900 UploadDate UploadTime 8.;
format UploadDate mmddyy10. UploadTime hhmm.;
/*FileName_Desc="<A HREF=/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=%2FShared+Data%2FStudent+Listings%2FStudentFileUpload_Selection_2&_action=properties,execute,newwindow&amp"||'&filename_p='||strip(FileName)||"><b>Select</b></A>";*/
/*FileName_Desc="<A HREF=/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=%2FShared+Data%2FStudent+Listings%2FStudentFileUpload_Selection_2&_action=properties,execute,newwindow&amp"||'&filename_p='||strip(FileName)||">"||strip(FileName)||"</A>";*/
/*FileName_Select="<A HREF=/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=%2FShared+Data%2FStudent+Listings%2FStudentFileUpload_Selection_2&_action=properties,execute,newwindow&amp"||'&filename_p='||strip(FileName)||">"||strip(FileName)||"</A>";*/
FileName_Select="<A HREF=/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=%2FShared+Data%2FStudent+Listings%2FStudentFileUpload_Selection_2&_action=properties,execute,newwindow&amp"||'&filename_p='||strip(FileName)||">Select This File</A>";
FileName_Delete="<A HREF=/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=%2FShared+Data%2FStudent+Listings%2FConfirm_File_Deletion_1&_action=execute"||'&filename_p='||strip(FileName)||">Delete This File</A>";
UploadDate=Datepart(UploadDateTime);
UploadTime=Timepart(UploadDateTime);
/*Button_Select="<a href=/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=%2FShared+Data%2FStudent+Listings%2FStudentFileUpload_Selection_2&_action=properties,newwindow class='btn btn-primary btn-lg active' role='button'>Primary link</a>";*/
/*<a href="#"><button>Text</button></a>*/
run;

What I intended to do is when the user select the link it should open the different stored process in a new window.

For some reason the new stored process keeps opening in the same windows.

Couls anybody look at the above code and suggest me. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Is this a stored process question or a PROC REPORT question? IT looks like you are building your own HTML page with your own links to a SAS stored process. I seem to remember that if you want to pop an HTML file into a new window that you might have to add _target to the URL. The challenge is that with a stored process, the client application has to respect the use of _target. I am not sure that all the client applications where you run your stored process will respect/use _target. This is a question for Tech Support.

We also have a separate forum for SAS Stored Processes and this question would more appropriately be asked there if you are not going to open a track with Tech Support.

Here's the link to the other Forum for Stored Processes.
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Stored-Processes/bd-p/sas_stored_processes

cynthia
Lokraj
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Cynthia,

Thanks for your prompt reply. This is a stored process question.

I made some changes and it works now.

I put target="_bank" at the end of href tag.

data ListOfFiles;
set Upload_Master;
length FileName_Desc FileName_Select FileName_Delete Button_Select $900 UploadDate UploadTime 8.;

FileName_Select="<A HREF=/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=%2FShared+Data%2FStudent+Listings%2FStudentFileUpload_Selection_2&_action=properties,execute,newwindow&amp"||'&filename_p='||strip(FileName)||" target=_blank>Select This File</A>";

run;

Lokraj

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation