The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

Proc Report Header Border and ODS Powerpoint

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Proc Report Header Border and ODS Powerpoint

Any ideas why my Header Border works in pdf but not in powerpoint? (or, any ideas what I could do differently to get it to work?)

included stripped down program code.

thanks!

Dave

data test;
input School $ val1 val2;
cards;
A 1 2
B 1 2
;

run;

ods pdf file = 'C:\temp\test.pdf';
ods powerpoint file = 'C:\temp\test.pptx';
ods escapechar = "^";

proc report data=test;
column School ("^{style[borderrightcolor=Black borderrightwidth=8 ] Span}" val1 val2);
define val1/display style=[just=center FONT_SIZE=12pt cellwidth=1.4 cm cellheight=.35 cm borderrightwidth=5];;
define val2/display style=[just=center FONT_SIZE=12pt cellwidth=1.4 cm cellheight=.35 cm borderrightwidth=8 borderrightcolor=Black];;
run;
ods pdf close;
ods powerpoint close;

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-11-2018 08:49 AM
Contributor

Re: Proc Report Header Border and ODS Powerpoint

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Thanks Cynthia - i checked with SAS technical support, this was their reply:

This is a known defect for multiple destinations including PowerPoint. It is being addressed in a future release of SAS.  Currently there is no work-around for the PowerPoint destination.

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,
You'd have to check with Tech Support for the definitive answer or in the documentation, but I remember that many of the "border" specific attributes are only valid in markup family destinations, the RTF destination, and the Measured RTF destination and sometimes in the Printer family destinations and sometimes in HTML destinations.

If you check the documentation and the destination, like PowerPoint or ODS Excel is not explicitly listed, then I would not expect the attribute to work.

Cynthia
Solution
‎04-11-2018 08:49 AM
Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Thanks Cynthia - i checked with SAS technical support, this was their reply:

This is a known defect for multiple destinations including PowerPoint. It is being addressed in a future release of SAS.  Currently there is no work-around for the PowerPoint destination.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation