BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am trying to use the tagsets.excelXP with the style set to minimal to output a report to an excel file. If there are numeric missing values, excel won't open the file created. If I use a different style, such as SASDocPrinter, excel opens the file with no problems. I searched the SAS website but I didn't see anything about this.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am using the most current (June 2006) tagset definition and I am using SAS 9.1.3 service pack 3 on a WinXP machine. I've included a small program that recreates my problem.

data test;
input a b c;
cards;
1 2 3
3 . 2
0 0 3
;
run;

ods tagsets.excelXP file="c:\junk.xls" style=minimal;

proc print data=test;
run;

ods tagsets.excelXP close;
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Cory:
I'm not sure the problem is with your data. I tested an October (working/not final) version of the ExcelXP tagset and I do not believe it had a problem with style=minimal.

In the meantime, however, if you look at this code (after you run it and use it), you should see something very similar to what you get with style=minimal and this style does work with the June tagset that's out on the ODS MARKUP web site.
[pre]
** Modify the XLStatistical style to get rid of;
** all border lines, colors, etc;
proc template;
define style styles.XLStatistical;
parent = styles.Statistical;
style Body from Body/
background=_undef_;
style table from Output /
background=_undef_
foreground=_undef_
borderwidth=_undef_
font_size=10pt;
style Header from Header /
background=_undef_
foreground=_undef_
borderwidth=_undef_
font_size=10pt;
style RowHeader from RowHeader /
background=_undef_
foreground=_undef_
borderwidth=_undef_
font_size=10pt;
style Data from Data /
background=_undef_
foreground=_undef_
borderwidth=_undef_
font_size=10pt;
end;
run;

ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\use_style.xls'
style=styles.XLStatistical;
[/pre]
If you need an updated copy of the ExcelXP tagset so you can use style=minimal, you will have to contact Tech Support.

Good luck!

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Cynthia,

That worked, thanks!

I can wait until the next version of the ExcelXP tagset is released to use the minimal style.

Thanks again

Cory

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation