The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

Problem with Drill Down Report using ods html

N/A

Problem with Drill Down Report using ods html

I have a SAS program that produces a summary report that calculates the average
days it takes for investigators to complete their investigation. This report is
grouped by Investigator name and the investigator name is a hyperlink that should
drill down to the details of that summary record for that investigator. Right now I am branching to a different part(ods html body=invdrilldown.html) of the same SAS program when the hyperlink is clicked to produce the detail report. The problem I'm running into is when I click on the hyperlink(investigator name) on the summary report it tells me that html file for the detail report is not found (invdrilldown.html is not found). I have pasted parts of my program below.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

data InvLink;
set Investnm;
fmtname = "Invnmhr";
type = "C";
start = Investigator_Name;
label = ""||trim(Investigator_Name)||"";
keep start label fmtname type;
run;

ods html body=sock (no_top_matter no_bottom_matter);
proc report data=temp ls=132 ps=40 nowd
column ('QA Report - Avarage Days To Complete Investigation' Investigator_Name Disease N No_of_days_toAddObs No_Of_Days_ToStartInv No_Of_Days_ToCompInv No_of_days_toComplPros);
define Investigator_Name/ format=$Invnmhr. group 'Investigator Name' ; define Disease / group 'Disease' ;
break after Investigator_Name / suppress page summarize style=[background=yellow font_weight=bold];
run;

ods html body=invdrilldown.html
proc report data=temp ls=132 ps=40 nowd
/*where Investigator_Name = Investigator_Name;*/
column ('QA Report - Avarage Days To Complete Investigation'Investigator_Name Disease N OBS_ID
Lab_Created_By Resulted_Test Dt_Recv_By_PH Lab_Create_Dt CAS_ID Patient_Name DtOB
Case_stat Jurisdiction MMWR_WEEK MMWR_YEAR Inv_Create_Dt NotificationDt No_of_days_toAddObs No_Of_Days_ToStartInv
No_Of_Days_ToCompInv No_of_days_toComplPros);
define Investigator_Name/ group 'Investigator Name' ;
define Disease / group 'Disease' ;

Thank You Message was edited by: ALSAS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Problem with Drill Down Report using ods html

Posted in reply to deleted_user
For clarification, the SAS program is generating two sets of HTML, one document provides a hyperlink to another HTML document.

You should be able to view your HTML source code, or right-click on the hyperlink and view PROPERTIES to see if it is properly named and formatted.

Also, I see a missing semi-colon after your second ODS HTML statement, possibly.

Suggest you investigate that your primary HTML document has correctly formatted hyperlinks, and also review your output directory/file information to ensure that both PROC REPORT executions are generating what you expect them to generate.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
N/A

Re: Problem with Drill Down Report using ods html

Posted in reply to deleted_user
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. Yes, you are right the pgm is generating 2 html files and the first one links to the second.
We are currently using a COTS product that enables us to create SAS pgms for adhoc reporting. This system does not allow us to use the SAS/Intrnet features,
so this was the only way I could do it. We do have to place the program in a particular folder in the system for the SAS program to be invoked. So when I
right click on the properties for the hyperlink on the first ods html page it points to
a default web page like https://xxx/yyy/invdrilldown.html. It seems like it looks for
the second html file in the default web page. I tried using the path option in the second ods html statement specifying the default path but that did not work either.

The accidently deleted the semicolon while I was pasting the code.

And also, I have run the two ods html parts seperately and they seem to work fine.

Thanks again,
Sahitya
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation