BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I want to print the title only once on the top of the worksheet but title is being printed after each page break.How to print only on top of the work sheet?

I used embed_titles_once option but still the title is printed after each block 

As shown below title is being printed after each block which i don't want. I want to print only once on top of the sheet

Picture.PNG

I am using Proc report and ods excel xp tagset

ods escapechar='^';
OPTIONS FORMCHAR="|----|+|---+=|-/\<>*" nobyline missing=0;
ods tagsets.excelxp file = "test..xls" ;
ods tagsets.ExcelXP options(autofit_height="yes" autofit_width="yes" sheet_interval="none"
absolute_column_width='12,6,9,8,8' embedded_titles="yes" embed_titles_once="yes" sheet_name="Stats");

title "Report Date &Dt";

proc report data=Final split='*' ls=200 missing

style(header)={background=mediumblue foreground=white fontsize=12pt fontweight=bold vjust=b}
style(summary)={background=mediumblue foreground=white fontweight=bold};

column ordr type units dollars  ;

define ordr / order order=data noprint;
define tyoe / order order=data ;
define units / order order=data ;

define dollars / order order=data ;

break after ordr / page;

compute before _page_ / style=Header{background=mediumblue foreground=white fontsize=12pt fontweight=bold};
line ' ';
endcomp;

run;

13 REPLIES 13
Reeza
Super User

What version of tagsets are you using? You can see the version after you execute a tagsets code.

JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8
NOTE: This is the Excel XP tagset (Compatible with SAS 9.1.3 and above, v1.130, 08/02/2013)
Reeza
Super User

You're a version out of date.

Get the update here:

https://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/index.html

See if that helps to resolve your issue. If not, post back. 

JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

NOTE: This is the Excel XP tagset (Compatible with SAS 9.1.3 and above, v1.131, 04/23/2015

I updated the tagset but still getting the same issue

Ksharp
Super User

Can you use ?

ods text='XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX';
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

I think i Can't

ballardw
Super User

By default the title will appear on each PAGE of output that proc report generates: break after ordr / page; creates the pages.

Since your tagsets options puts all of the proc report logical pages on a single physical page then you get that result.

JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

IS there any way to overcome that

Reeza
Super User

Use ODS TEXT instead of TITLE as @Ksharp suggested. 

JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

I tried it but in ods excel xp tagset it's not working 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I think the logical page that you are causing by your BREAK statement, coupled with your sheet_interval option will always cause the title to appear before each separate table -- since every table is a logical page.

If ODS TEXT= does not work for you when you use it, then this seems to me to be a question for Tech Support to see if this is a defect or working as designed.

The only other alternative I can think of is the PRINT_HEADER= suboption, but that text will NOT appear inside the sheet, it will only appear in Print Preview and when the sheet is printed.

cynthia
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

Currently the work around I did was for the first row on the dataset created a title statement and printed it using compute before _page_ block so that it prints only for the first table

Reeza
Super User

If you post your code with a dataset we can run, ie sashelp.class or sashelp.cars then we can try and help you debug. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation