BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
madhu
Calcite | Level 5
I have posted a query earlier regarding printing all the datasets in a library and I got some good response. I especially liked the post by Flip

data _null_;
set sashelp.vmember( where = (libname = upcase('&libname') and memtype = 'DATA')) end = eof;
if _n_ = 1 then call execute("ODS Listing Close; ods rtf nogtitle file='C:\report1.rtf' style=profile ;");
call execute("proc print data = " || memname || " noobs; run;");
if EOF then call execute("ods rtf close;");
run;

since it takes less time than the one I am using.

Now my question is can we customize the order in which the datasets are printed. By default they are printed in alphabetical order. I want to specify a sort order.

Thnx
1 REPLY 1
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Sure you can. Split up the single DATA step to create an intermediate SAS temporary file, sort the file with PROC SORT, and then code another DATA step to generate the CALL EXECUTE commands. If you have some particular substring of characters in a MEMNAME that you want to use as your SORTKEY variable, extract the character(s) using an assignment statement and SUBSTR function. Otherwise you can arbitrarily assign a numeric variable SORTKEY based on some other criteria in a lead-in DATA step using IF / THEN assignments.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation