The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

PROC REPORT using ODS RTF to get lookign like TABULATE OUTPUT

N/A

PROC REPORT using ODS RTF to get lookign like TABULATE OUTPUT

Hi,
Many moons ago I used to program using PROC TABULATE before PROC REPORT had evolved, but have since moved on and rarely use PROC TABULATE as I prefer the amount of control that PROC REPORT gives.

However, I am now facing the propsect of having to go back to use PROC TABULATE unless anyone has a solution to my problem.
I basically need to use an ordering variable in my proc report, but when I do this the default RTF output gives gridlines for each and every row (even on the order variable).
I want to maintain all my ohter gridlines, except when it is an ordering variable.
I remember that proc tabulate gets rid of these lines as default, but given that the client want n (%) in the table I wish to aviod using tabulate if possible.

Is there any way that for ordering variables the gridlines can be removed so that the gridlines are only present when it starts a new group?

Many thanks in advance

Paul
SAS Employee

Re: PROC REPORT using ODS RTF to get lookign like TABULATE OUTPUT

Posted in reply to deleted_user
Paul,

If you're running SAS 9.2, you can try PROC REPORT's new SPANROWS option:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/a002473620.htm#a003234341

-- David Kelley, SAS
N/A

Re: PROC REPORT using ODS RTF to get lookign like TABULATE OUTPUT

Posted in reply to deleted_user
Hi David,

I am using SAS 9.2, so therefore this is excatly what I was after - thanks very much for your help.

Kind regards

Paul
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation