BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
Many moons ago I used to program using PROC TABULATE before PROC REPORT had evolved, but have since moved on and rarely use PROC TABULATE as I prefer the amount of control that PROC REPORT gives.

However, I am now facing the propsect of having to go back to use PROC TABULATE unless anyone has a solution to my problem.
I basically need to use an ordering variable in my proc report, but when I do this the default RTF output gives gridlines for each and every row (even on the order variable).
I want to maintain all my ohter gridlines, except when it is an ordering variable.
I remember that proc tabulate gets rid of these lines as default, but given that the client want n (%) in the table I wish to aviod using tabulate if possible.

Is there any way that for ordering variables the gridlines can be removed so that the gridlines are only present when it starts a new group?

Many thanks in advance

Paul
2 REPLIES 2
David_SAS
SAS Employee
Paul,

If you're running SAS 9.2, you can try PROC REPORT's new SPANROWS option:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/a002473620.htm#a003234341

-- David Kelley, SAS
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi David,

I am using SAS 9.2, so therefore this is excatly what I was after - thanks very much for your help.

Kind regards

Paul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation